Foster Babies Updated Pictures: FEB 21

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok! The pictures worked this time. Here are some of the Dumbo litter at 1 month old:

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

And just the girls:
IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

I am pretty sure that i have homes for this whole litter now!

I saw mine!!!! I saw mine!!!! Tara sent me 2 pictures of just mine!!!! They are so BLACK!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

I'm going to have a rex and a smooth. Savvy and Davy Jones are waiting impatiently for their new adopted little brothers.

This litter is one month and one day old now. I think there is one double rex (pic below) as one of the boys is losing his fur. Some males are still available from this litter.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Wait a minute, exaclty how many litters did you have? Did you have a batch that was born on January 2, then another batch (with my 2 boys) born on January 8 and another one later?

I still don't receive message when someone post here, this is really frustrating as I want to know when there are new pictures.

Wait a minute, exaclty how many litters did you have? Did you have a batch that was born on January 2, then another batch (with my 2 boys) born on January 8 and another one later?

I have 2 litters, one born on the 8th (your boys) and one on the 12th (all smooth; blacks, PEWs and Beige).

Still trying to figure out the genetics. I'm really curious to find out if it is possible to identify the father.

The mother is a black rex dumbo for sure.

If I remember well what Tara told me, these are the possible fathers.

One black rex
One agouti (smooth coat???)

Tara told me that I least one of the fathers is dumbo. I would assume one is regular ears.

Which one of the fathers is dumbo? And is the other one regular ears (has too as we have both kind of ears in the litter and the mom is dumbo).

Now in the litter, we have:

dumbo and regular ears
smooth coat, rex and one double rex baby.

I heard that rex shows itself, so a rat cannot carry rex.

To have double rex babies, we have to have 2 rex parents (I think) am I correct?

Then that makes the black rex male the father.

But we have rats with smooth coat. Two rex rats cannot have smooth coat, am I correct?

Then I believe that the babies don't all have the same father and that both males are the fathers.

The black rex male must be the father of that double rex boy.

The agouti (smooth) is the father of all the smooth babies.

Both boys could be the father of the rex ones.

Need to know about which father has regular ears and which one has dumbo ears.

If I can remember this... I believe that two rexes can make a smooth coat.

Rexes are Rere. So put two Rere together and you can have a litter that is ReRe= double rexes, Rere =rexes and rere =smooth coat.

Back