Flower from Newmarket - Spay Today...Last update :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vet tech called and said she went through her surgery fine and could be picked up by 6 pm. I asked if there was anything abnormal, and she said there was no babies. I said that I was worried she had an infected uterus or tumours or something from her continual weight gain (68 grams in 23 days) and she said nothing there.

Weird.

I'll head out soon to get them.

So she was just enjoying her snacks! That is good that every thing went good and she had no babies making her sick in there.

lilspaz68 said:
Oooh phantom pregnancy is a possibility!!!

If there's no medical reason, that really is the best possibility. She's had a lot of big changes and there's no reason her body could have gone out of whack because of them. Too bad peace of mind had to come with a price tag, though!

wow phantom pregnancy?? I didn't know rats could have these... and they actually get bigger because their body thinks they need to feed the babies or something?
very strange

I am learning so much from all you folks' experiences

I am glad her spay went well, hope she heals quickly and doesn't give you any more reasons to worry and wonder!!! silly girl

So glad that she is OK. The whole thing is a mystery. I had had no idea how many things could go wrong with our poor ratties.

Kisses to her :tumkiss: and (of course) some virtual :flowers:

We are all home and glad to be here :D

apr20Flowerafterherspay.jpg

She does not at all look thrilled with you holding her like that :) I am glad you posted that picture, I was wondering how the spay incisions worked out.

hopefloats said:
She does not at all look thrilled with you holding her like that :) I am glad you posted that picture, I was wondering how the spay incisions worked out.

She's still groggy, so she's resigned to me showing off her big round naked belly like that. Normally the shaving job isn't quite that extensive but that was done yesterday for the ultrasound.

Nice incision! I'm glad everything turned out well, I'm sure Mena and Flower will be happy to be back together full time again.

Back