Flower from Newmarket - Spay Today...Last update :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodness, what an odd case. & she really doesn't look preggo in those photos. Very odd indeed.

...They just love to keep you on your toes. They must know how much we all love to read about it.

So there were no babies on palpation, and no babies on ultrasound, but she keeps gaining weight. Tomorrow she will be spayed and then maybe we can figure it out. I wonder if she has a closed pyometra from badly reabsorbed fetuses?

The vet assistant asked me if those 2 girls were bonded, and said they were lying on each other in the cage.

Hmmm, well I suppose that's good news, right? I did have two girls who were crazy nest builders, & not a boy in sight then. Fingers crossed for an uneventful spay.

If she has a closed pyometra (infection in her uterus) the spay will take care of it, but if its a regular infection, then she will need a long course of abs most likely. I hope its nothing like sweet Emma had. Mena would be lost without her Flower.

lilspaz68 said:
If she has a closed pyometra (infection in her uterus) the spay will take care of it, but if its a regular infection, then she will need a long course of abs most likely. I hope its nothing like sweet Emma had. Mena would be lost without her Flower.

I can't keep track.... what did Emma have again?

violet976 said:
lilspaz68 said:

I can't keep track.... what did Emma have again?

Emma we first thought had a litter of dead pups, then my vet thought there was a possibility of a mummified fetus, but sadly during the surgery it turned out to be an enlarged spleen (cancer) and she died.

Well. I've been keeping my eye on this thread thinking at first that poor Flower is going to have a very unpleasant birthing experience. Then I thought she was behaving much to spry and happy for that scenario and that maybe she was growing some kind of benign cyst. It will be very interesting to find out what's going on inside that strange little tummy of hers! I'm sure that under Shelagh's watchful eye all will turn out well and a new chapter will be added to the Rat Guide. :)

lilspaz68 said:
So there were no babies on palpation, and no babies on ultrasound, but she keeps gaining weight. Tomorrow she will be spayed and then maybe we can figure it out. I wonder if she has a closed pyometra from badly reabsorbed fetuses?

The vet assistant asked me if those 2 girls were bonded, and said they were lying on each other in the cage.

oh wow, what a surprise (well I"m surprised, anyway)

sending good thoughts and wishes for an uneventful spay and an answer to what's up with this girl.

awww, two girls laying on each other, reminds me of my Clair and Tilly...

Since today is Wednesday, it's an Unofficial day off for Dr. Munn, but he is in the office taking emergencies for his beloved small domestics and catching up on paperwork. So I have NO idea when the spay will happen today as its not a regular day at all.

Waiting to hear how she does.
Maybe she will be like Eve ... dead uterus, dead babies :(
But Eve recovered fine after the spay. Hope Flower does as well.

Latest posts

Back