Feb 2012: Ottawa area folks : wanna gather again ??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack Sparrow said:
I think we should really think about something that would be accessible for everyone. If we need to do something that doesn't cost a lot, let's do this.

I totally agree. And of course the first thing that comes to mind for me therefore, is to pick a Tims that's as centrally located as possible for everyone. Meeting over coffee would be inexpensive, and you could probably walk in and join the group and NOT actually purchase the coffee (I doubt the manager would notice.) :giggle:

Would that suit?

I'm going to suggest a few dates. Let's pick the one that works for the most number of us. And if none of these work, we could look at an October date.

Sunday Sept 12 anytime 5pm or later

Wed. Sept 15th anytime 6pm or later
Thurs Sep 16 anytime 6pm or later
Fri Sep 17 anytime 6pm or later

Sunday Sep 19 anytime
Saturday Sep 25 anytime
Sunday Sep 26 anytime

I've noted so far that we're located in Gatineau, in the East end, and also I'm just slightly west of downtown. I'm wondering what the most central location would be. When responding, could you also mention if you're east/west/north/south of downtown to help us pick a location?

Looking forward to it already.. :)

Also best to do after traffic times for week days :) I could go anytime after 6pm any day, i work mornings and then use thee after noons to clean/relax lmao (i have a small babysitting job right now witch makes me on the go all the time ;) ) I may need a ride but i will see on that still in case :)

I agree that Tim's would probably be best. We could even look for one near a park or something so if the weather's nice/if we feel like it, we could walk around. As for dates, I'm free for pretty much any day other then August 28, 29 and September 11.

I could do any of these dates. I have nothing so far. however, I would prefer if we did it on a Saturday or a Sunday as I would not have to leave Sawyer alone from 7:30 am until later at night.

I am not available on Saturday September 18 at all.

Hmm,well. I may be getting a job soon, so I would be able to afford bus fair :wink: So now it depends on if I can find someone to come with me, or convince my mom to let me take a bus to Ottawa! xD So we shall see how that goes.

September sounds good, but week days are not good for me. I have school, and I doubt my mom would let me miss a day of school for this :roll:

Maybe I can convince my mom to come. She can go shop or something.

But if no other day works, go ahead and pick a week day! I'm not even sure if I can go yet, so you all make hte plans, and I will try and work something out :)

I'm RIGHT downtown. Like... could get to the Rideau Centre in 5 minutes?

I'm okay with any of the days listed except Wednesdays and Fridays.
I like the Tim's thing. Nice place to gather, sit around, not actually buy much. And you can find a Tim Horton's practically anywhere.

How about Saturday September 25?
From what's been written so far, it looks like that date would work for everyone.

How about we aim for early afternoon?

If I've got this right, we're located in:
Kanata North
East of Ottawa
Gatineau
Downtown Ottawa
slightly west of downtown
Peterborough

So it seems downtown would be the most accessible place? Shall we meet at a Tims downtown? I think parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays. And with two of us driving, we could probably pick up anyone who needs a ride..?

Sounds good for me so far but witch tims downtown? There is many lol like one on King Edward ect. I still have to see my day then (my days are like stop and go sometimes hehe)

Maybe gt the address of the tims you are thinking of and post also :D

Just checked the Tim Horton's web site and they list 12 locations downtown! So lots to choose from. Depending on if anyone has a preference to which part of downtown they prefer, we could pick from there.

Otherwise, I would suggest one that just opened recently -- at 100 Metcalfe Street at Slater. Only reason I suggest that is because I am familiar with it, and it's pretty big; there's lots of seating.

Open to your thoughts...

Yeah there are lots of Tim's downtown, but some of them are pretty shifty lol...I've never been to the one you're talking about ChrisK, but it sounds nice. I'm good for that one on the 25th :thumbup:

ChrisK is right! That new Tim Horton's on Metcalfe and Slater is NICE.

Can't wait for the 25th! Have we settled on an exact time to try to meet yet? Early afternoon is... 2 pm? 3 pm? I think we should set an exact time to meet by to prevent too much idle waiting on any one person's part! ^_^

Yes. Let's set a time. I'm good with 2pm.. Does that work for everyone?

If so, it'll be Saturday Sept 25th at 2pm at the Tims on Metcalfe and Slater.

I was thinking we should maybe all wear or carry something to identify that we're the Rat Shack Forum folks -- so we can find eachother. Also I would be happy to get there early and stake out a few seats in a particular part of the restaurant. I thought it'd be a riot if I got there early and held up a sign that said "Rats!" on it, but I don't think the folks who run the Tim's would appreciate that! :giggle:

Back