Feb 2012: Ottawa area folks : wanna gather again ??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisK

It's come to my attention that there are a number of us who live in or near Ottawa, Ontario, and I was wondering if any one who does would be interested in meeting to chat about rats, the local avenues and suppliers, etc. The Ottawa/Gatineau area is just a big enough place that we've got lots of choices when it comes to rat care, etc. Wouldn't it be great to hear eachothers experiences, preferences, etc. and share our combined wealth of knowledge? If you're in the Ottawa area and interested, please let me know.

I'd love to, but i am always busy with other stuff right now I'd have to see when and where it is. Me being i do not drive nor take the bus(i hate the buses i can not stand smelling other peoples stench :sick2: and breathing in other peoples yuckies i am just weird like that) but sometimes hubby can drive me but like said i would have to see :) :thumbup:

Sound great! Depending on the time and place (I don't have a car, but my schedule is usually pretty flexible) I'd definitely go! lol I'm sure Rat Fest: The Ottawa edition will be so cute (aka: small haha) compared to regular Rat Fest...lol that's how we roll in O-Town! :lol:

Hmm, I could possibly find a way to get there [Why can nothing exciting happen in Peterborough? :wallbang: ] Only thing is how soon? All funds are going to having my grunting boy checked out ASAP for a URI

I'm definitely IN.

Just give me time, place, what to bring.
It should probably be after September 6th then, if we want whoknew there ^_^

And are you thinking or meeting up at some park? Or like... a Tim Hortons or something (LOL). There really probably will only be a handful of us!

Where-ish is everybody who's thinking about coming? Because we should probably try and choose the location most central to everybody. (I'm in Kanata North) I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to make it...I just say maybe because I don't like committing unless I'm 110% sure lol. I mean, I don't have a car but I have bus tickets. Or, if I'm feeling lazy or it's crappy weather I can always give one of my parents 5 bucks and get them to drive me lol.

And like RKbusy said, what kind of thing is this going to be? A sort of "everybody bring a food item and we'll have a picnic" type thing or a "everybody bring a bit of money and we'll buy coffee" thing? Because that makes a difference (I mean, I personally wouldn't want to take a salad around on the bus lol...cuz that's a little gross haha)

We could meet for bowling somewhere, or a restaurant maybe. How about mini-golf? Again, I can drive 3 people in my car for those who don't have a car. So if we bring food, that is no longer an issue to bring a salad on the bus. I live in the east, east, east end of Ottawa but my car can take me to Kanata really easily. I couldn't go to the Rat Feast because it was way, way to far but the Ottawa area is not that big.

One fun thing would be to go to one of the Haunted Walk of Ottawa. This is downtown Ottawa. They're a lot of fun.

Just trying to throw ideas now.

I will most likely not be available on September 18. ThanksGiving is no good for me either.

Yiippeee!! Glad to hear from you all! I also have a car and am happy to offer a ride for up to three passengers.

Guess I was thinking of meeting at a place where we could chat about rattie things in the Ottawa area. Depending on how many of us there are, that could be a Tims or some inexpensive eatery. LOL! But I'm open to an activity and/or potluck kinda thing too.

Just if we choose something outdoors, we need an alternative indoors thing in case of rain.

Sometime September sounds good... let's get a date when the most possible people can attend. I will write back after work today and suggest a few dates.. or feel free if anyone wants to go ahead and do so.

haha, I don't like to commit unless i'm 110% sure either! But i'm down for trying my hardest to make it!
also, i should mention, i'm a studet, so i dont have a car. haha, i wish though! i'm not a fan of taking the bus, but for sure will if everyone is meeting up somewhere not too too far.
i'm pretty much right downtown, maybe a 15 min walk from the byward (by uOttawa).
and im pretty much up for anything as long as it's relatively inexpensive :)

Jack Sparrow said:
How about mini-golf?
Haha we should totally go to that glow-in-the-dark mini golf near the Merivale Mall lol

If this is happening in September, I'm thinking we should maybe pick an indoor activity, since I find September is a little unpredictable in terms of weather, but that's just my impression.

If we do end up doing something where we need to bring food, does anybody have any allergies? Any vegetarians? Any food that somebody really hates?

For me, a weekend would be the most convenient for me but, like I said, with some notice I can make arrangements for a weekday.

I would have to see where and what it is (ie if a activity place i most likely can not go being i am very low on cash i have to start saving for baby that is coming ;) ) But if something like tim's i may be able to do it and depending where Downtown sounds easy for me also but i will wait for everyone to see what you planing ;) . The neat thing is i pretty much met all of you :p

I think we should really think about something that would be accessible for everyone. If we need to do something that doesn't cost a lot, let's do this. Again, I have a car and can take 3 people with me. I would not mind going in 3 different directions to pick up some people so please don't hesitate to ask if you need a ride.

Back