Eye - Injury, abscess etc? Eye pic warning- Home :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got her they told me she was gurgling and refused any food from them. When I got her home she was limp and apathetic...now she's realized she's HOME, and is bobbling around on the couch...YAY!!!!

She already looks better than in these pics...

Tepeuseyenightofremovalfrontfeb18.jpg

Tepeuseyenightofremovalsidefeb18.jpg

Tepeuseyenightofremovalfeb18.jpg

How are you for fundage on this? Are you covered? I meant to ask yesterday but forgot... whoops!!!

Anyway, let me know... if I can help out a bit I will.

I am glad that she is home where she feels safe and well loved. I think lots of special snuggles and treats will be the way to go LOL.

Glad to hear everything went well. She really looks great and would imagine she will be back to normal in no time. :D
Hope she has a super speedy recovery.

She's doing great today, although the new tech shaved off her whiskers and she's really lost now. She's a tilty and that's the "down" eye.

Tepeu2feb19.jpg

Tepeufeb19.jpg

Her temperament/attitude has changed a lot though. She's very unsure of everything, and normally she bulls through life, other rats, etc.

She lives with some pushy rats as well, so I had better make sure she has her confidence back before re-intro.

Stupid tech who shaved off her whiskers...she was not moving/asleep, why did they have to do that?

mamarat said:
She looks good. Was it just glaucoma? They have to remove the whole eye for that? I'm just curious.

Lady's was also glaucoma. Lady's was progressive, and I think that Teppy was trauma originally...I didnt' take pics the last day but the retina or lens was about to burst out...figured it was too gross for all of us.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

SHE LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!

im sure her confidence will come back once she can get some direction from that side...imagine losing an eye AND your whiskers on one side.... you're little bull will be back soon - im sure of it :D

Would it be worth mentioning to Dr.Munn that the new tech has shaved off the whiskers? I mean, come on... they are one of the most important things on a rats face.

She looks really good :) she will adjust fast and will look as wonderful as Lady did once her fur grows back

I am sure he noticed as he did the surgery LOLOL

Teppy showed she was feeling MUCH better last night by trying to dominate one of my sickies...fur puffed, being rude as always! I put her back in the RUUD with her 4 other rude friends and she had a few small issues navigating (dang whisker-loss :roll: ) but happily made it to the bottom (she loves the bottom, hangs out down there, huffs at rats outside of her cage who are Out, etc :lol:) Feta was rude in wanting to see the "eye" and finally Teppy let her, and Feta very gently groomed a bit of glue off. :heart:

All is well this morning, Teppy is smiling again...my bull is back. :cheeky:

AND...Karen of ratguide.com contacted me to add Teppy's case history to the rat guide :thumbup:

Back