Drippage is an issue.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's the Water buddy that has a very strong spring involved, and some rats have difficulty getting water from it. You should always keep an eye on the water level, make sure everyone's drinking okay, and that no one is having any difficulties. This goes for any water bottle, though, so it's nothing new. :wink:

I always get two of everything.. If for no other reason than to get a kick out of watching other peoples' faces when I randomly pull out exactly what I or they needed from the depths of a "Just In Case" bin.

Oh, Kat! :giggle:

I would say get two, Prime. 16 oz. and a guard sounds like what I would do, too. How many rats do you have? Oh! And are you the one that's having a hard time finding a used double FN? Maybe you can try posting a "wanted" ad on Kijiji or Craig's List?

I have a Critter Brites water bottle. I've had it for 2 years, and it has yet to drip. But it's covered in these creepy little animal drawings.

Hmmm... really expensive on the internet, I'm sure it was cheap, though.

Prime654 said:
I have been reading great things about the water buddy, don't own one currently but it is on my to buy list.

414yH5imwVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So I got my 2 water buddys on Friday and set them up ... have to say im pretty impressed. No dripping at all so far. Even gave the bottle a good squeeze and vigorious shake, not even a drop got out. Let it hang all weekend and no wet spot in the bedding under it this morning.

Oh, and I love how it fills from the top !

I'm not sure if the boys know how to use it though :p so I have a bowl of water out JiC. Put some wet food on the nub to encourage licking and 2 of the boys went at it and didnt seem to have any problems with activating water flow.

So far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back