does she appear pregnant?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update: gently felt her tummy today, and compared it to one of my males. Her belly is firm, while my boys stomach is very squishy and soft. Its really noticeable and isnt a subtle difference at all! Bf felt it as well and also said it was very obvious. We'll continue to take her weight and see what happens, I guess. Her nipples are still prominent and she has a bit of a 'tire' around her belly, even though the scale says she isn't gaining any weight (at least since yesterday).

The blue girls nipples are not showing, but I'm going to continue to keep an eye on her too. I might just be comparing her to her petite (and slightly younger) cage mate. We'll see :)

Perhaps you would like to ready two maternal cages before you leave... I hope your honey is going to be very attentive and err on the side of caution if he feels someone may be ready to have babies...

I have another bin cage made! I just showed the bf how to weigh the rats, and he's going to do it for me when he gets home from work on the days I'm gone. :) Depending on the weather, I might not even go this week - we'll see how bad the winds are tomorrow so I should know by then. I would be so mad if the babies came while I was away!!

Well it looks like the winds are going to be too serious this week to get out to the island to do our field work...so I'll be home and able to monitor her. I'm not trying to get shipwrecked off the coast of Virginia all in the name of science anyway lol, and I'm relieved that I'll be here just in case. :) I'll take her weight again around ~4:30pm and post it again today.

I just realized I typed her weight wrong when I sent it to you guys yesterday. Its actually was 344 grams(I've been writing it in a journal)...but today it was 350 grams. Thats a 7 gram weight different in three days...or almost .2 of an ounce. She is ~12.35 ounces, and was ~12.09 on Monday. Thoughts?

Early days or just a young girl growing...cannot tell yet...need the pattern of daily weights. A growing girl will gain a little each day, a pregnant young girl will gain a little each day but increasing steadily.

gahh, i will be so sad if their is no babys, i always check this thread lol. but no babys = no possible complications and that is equally good for your little girl <3

Me too! I just checked on her this morning and she was sleeping under a huge pile of paper towels inside the easter basket I got for her at the dollar store :p I'll post her weight again today around 4!

Weight update! I'm not sure if I've messed up typing them out, but here is the last 4 days of info, I'm copying it directly from my notepad I've been writing it on:

3/4 @ 4pm: 343g (12.09 ounces)
3/5 @ 5pm: 344g (12.1 ounces)
3/6 @ 4:30pm: 350g (12.3 ounces)
3/7 @ 4:30pm: 354g (12.5 ounces)

What do you guys think?

I have to post something :gaah: :gaah: some on little girl give us a definite sign already we're all going crazy here!!!! :emb:

The younger rats numbers are evening out more. She stayed the same for two days and then dropped down a little bit, but she looks totally normal and healthy.

Nothing from Nyx today. She has a little Romeo and Juliet love affair going on with one of my boys in the cage next to her. They just stare longingly at each other from a distance. :p

I'll post her weight again this afternoon once I take it around 4pm. :)

It's starting to look like pregnancy.

here are 2 weight gain charts I did on 2 rescues of mine.

Lilith was a baby when she got pregnant.

Aug 4 - 145 g
Aug 5 - 154 g (+9)
Aug 6 - n/a
Aug 7 - n/a
Aug 8 - 174 g (+ 20 over 3 days)
Aug 9 - 171 g (-3, there is often a stall or even dip)
Aug 10 - 189 g (+18)
Aug 11 - 212 g (+23, I thought she had hit maximum density)
Aug 12 - 217 g (+5)
Aug 13 - 231 g (+14, no she managed to keep packing it on)
Aug 14 - 241 g (+10)
Birth of 8 baby boys

total gain in 10 days was 96 grams

Bronny was about 3-4 months old

Bronwen’s Weight Gain (3-4 months old)
Aug. 11 – 267 g
Aug. 14 – 279 g (8 g gain)
Aug. 15 – 289 g (10 g gain)
Aug. 16 – 302 g (13 g gain)
Aug. 17 – 319 g (17 g gain)
Aug. 18 – 329 g (10 g gain)
Aug. 19 – 346 g (17 g gain)
Aug. 20 – 354 g (8 g gain)
Aug. 21 – 364 g (birth) (10 g gain)
Sept. 14 – 278 g

:gaah: I'm going crazy here now lol :panic: is she or is she not? sounds like it but not sure? :gaah: :panic:

Back