Dilbert Goes to the Vet...update 6/27

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww not the news I was hoping for. I had my park girl live an extra year and she had a tumor wrapped around her urethra. The vet had given her maybe two months. There is always hope, Shelagh. We'll all have to pray harder for your little man.

Oh Shelagh,
This is not the news I was hoping to hear either. The Dilly man has been though a lot with you and I am sure he has made up his mind to stay awhile longer with you. Hope the meds work. Take care and be strong. Healing vibes from the bradford family.

Ann

:sad3:
I was oddly enough wondering how your wee man was faring the other night! Definitely not the update I wanted. I'm so so sorry Shelagh. :( Do we have a prognosis? As in a time frame? : / Remember, he could live longer than they guess! :hugs:

No time frame for Dilly, I will watch him carefully. My vet was impressed I was able to find that lump on my own. Its not pressing on any organs and it may grow slowly *fingers crossed*

Dilbert has slowed to a crawl over the last few days. Today especially. He's quiet, doesn't seem uncomfortable, but he's lost weight and his eyes are half-closed and a bit dull. There's no congestion, no cyanosis, he's already on baytril, I am not sure if there's anything to fight. Its like he's deciding on his own "Done what I came for..."

I will be spending the evening with the most special rat I have ever known. :heart: :heart:

Dillyslosingweight.jpg

Dillyistired.jpg

Dillydoesntsnatch.jpg

DillyinhisbasketJun27.jpg

It is heartbreaking to see him suddenly failing. Poor sweetheart. It is a blessing that this is Friday, so that you will be able to spend all the time you need with him.

What?

Oh lord. I'm crying... Dilly is... he's legendary! He is one of the rats here that when someone says his name, you automatically know who is being talked about, his story, everything... He is a charmer, that little guy. I don't know if I told you Shelagh, but when showing people who aren't too sure about rats pictures, I always make sure to show them Dilly because he is such a handsome and adorable manrat. He is the one that wins them over! I'm so sorry he sick... My heart is with you and I am so sorry this is happening. *hugs to both of you*

Thank you everyone for your words...I kept reading them over and over.
I have decided to take Dilbert in this morning to be humanely pts. I think he would prefer it over just existing right now. So when I take in the Phat Girls from Moncton to be examined Dilbert will be accompanying us.

My heart is breaking. :undecided:

Back