Dilbert Goes to the Vet...update 6/27

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I was giving my embarrassingly chubby 26 month old boy a feel over and felt something "wrong". It feels like a mass behind his ribcage deep inside but I am not sure. Maybe its an enlarged organ?

He and Aura are coming in a carrier to work today with me and we are heading to Dr Munn's at 4:45 this afternoon.

Dilly's never been sick, not once, until a couple of weeks ago, he made some resp noises and I popped him on baytril. He's fine now but this scares me.

He's going to be the one who rips out my heart when he leaves and I don't think he listens to me when I tell him He HAS to live forever. :heart: :heart:

DilbertwakeyJun20.jpg

Still Sir Lickbath
DilbertlickbathJun20.jpg

Oh I hope he is okay....what a sweet looking boy. Love that little tongue. I will be thinking of him and you today....let us know what the Dr says.

He is a wonderful rat. I have had the pleasure of meeting Dilbert and there is a long and happy story attached to the great rattie. He will be fine, Shelagh. Healing vibes to you and him.

Ann

Dilbert is Canada's Rat Ambassador, of couse he's going to live forever! We are all hoping that the mass is just a bit of "lard" and that the cure is for him to do 5 laps around the apartment 2X daily!

Kisses to Dilly! :heart:

internal tumour :cry4: Inoperable

BUT its not impinging on anything which is great, so I will try the dex therapy first and a friend is sending me an herbal supplement.

Dilbert made another conquest...she loved him!

I am crying like he's already gone. :cry3:

His passing is going to be my Big Test...can I truly hack it?
I am sure I will, I always do, but this is my Dilly :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Back to cleaning cages...

I'm so sorry. Inoperable is such a frightening word. "Not impinging" is better, though. I just hope that the dex helps and that he still has lots of time.

I want to say "NOT DILLY" :heart: ; can't stop thinking about how awful the 26-month mark can be. :cry5:

Whatever happens, we will all be there for you & Dilly. :grouphug:

Back