Devastating Tornado hits The Cozy Cavy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet976

*mods, please move if this is in the wrong place*

I just got the news that Marsha (of The Cozy Cavy) & family have been devastated by a tornado. Marsha is a dear friend of mine, & I'm sure to many others as well. She has donated so much generosity to so many rescues, & taken in such a large family of animal companions. From the last updates, their house is gone, her daughter is in the hospital, & no word yet on the fate of her very large & loved family of small animals.

Please keep them close in your thoughts, & if possible, consider giving back to a family that has given so much of themselves to so many wonderful souls. No amount is too small, & every bit of word of mouth is appreciated.

Sponsor a Guinea Pig, a website that helps raise money for a different needy animal each month & who Marsha donates to monthly, has now chosen to return the favor by listing The Cozy Cavy as their cause this month. Please visit the link below & consider donating if you can:
http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/

Oh how sad :( I herd about all this, this morning :( Many were killed 176 i think in Alabama :( Here in Ontario we have winds of 100 km/h things here are flying a lot.

I wish their family get well wishes and lots of hugs as to many others.

omg thats awful! :sad3: best wishes for her daughter and my goodness.. all the animals.. oh no? :( I hope they are ok.. that would be just heartbreaking to loose them all..

The wind here in Pembroke, Ontario is INSANE... power is down a lot but not here. We get Tornados in Petawawa but they usually dont hit down long and dont come to Pembroke. The weather is sure starting to change in funny ways this past year.

Oh boy.... that is awful!!!!! :shock:

I will see what I can donate! Marsha's house is gone????? I hope to high heaven that her little ones are ok and that her daughter fully recovers. :sad3:

This is truly devastating. You never know when tragedy will hit you and your loved ones. I remember ordering from Marsha when I needed hammocks for a contest. Mamarat was the winner of those lovely hammocks. While Marsha is not a regular person on this forum, she needs our help if nothing else prayers for her and her family.

Yes, from what I read the house is a cement slab. From the sounds of it & the injuries we know what, I don't think it bodes well for the little ones... but I hope to God that I am wrong.

For those on facebook, you'll probably get the quickest information on their status on The Cozy Cavy facebook page, as many people are sending their thoughts & sharing what they know of the situation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cozy-Cavy/110805215606220

I will be updating on my facebook & will try & keep this updated as soon as I know anything. From the bombardment of posts from different sources, I believe they have Shelby, their dog, but it sounds like she sustained some injuries & might lose her eye. Marsha's daughter has a hurt/broken? shoulder & is in the hospital for some lung issues. Her son & husband I believe are ok, & still no word on her massive family of guinea pigs & rats.

I read a post on facebook, about Weaver, from http://www.cozycavy.com/ loosing EVERYTHING in the tornado last night...house, cars and sadly guinea pigs and rats as well... :sad3:

Violet ( rat stash) as already posted on her garage sale thread but I want to give this more exposure; Weaver is a very well known and respected member of the cavy community, as well as in the rat community
This is a devastating situation to say the least, to donate:
http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/2 ... f-may.html

oooopppssss my bad, there is already another thread started:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24699

My eyes just welled up. To loose your house and possessions is horrible. To loose your loved ones (even the fuzzy kind) is beyond imaginable.

Wishing her daughter and dog a speedy recovery, and sincerely hoping the rest of her furry crew didn't have to suffer.

rhapsody said:
My eyes just welled up. To loose your house and possessions is horrible. To loose your loved ones (even the fuzzy kind) is beyond imaginable.

Wishing her daughter and dog a speedy recovery, and sincerely hoping the rest of her furry crew didn't have to suffer.

According to a post by Drusilla (the illustrated rat), apparently they weren't able to save the animals :sad4:

Yes, sadly it was confirmed that they were not able to get the small animals out. I did hear that another forum was trying to get some members together to go see if they could find any surviving animals, but no word on that yet.

Back