Day at the Vet-Liliths Eye Clean...again!? Staying overnight

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lilith has been booked for another look-see at her eyes on Friday, Oct. 8...I am really not happy with them, they look sore and unhappy, a bit swollen and watery. Poor little girly. :sad3:

sep25IsabellaandLilith.jpg

aw poor girl! now that i've read the whole story i can see why 'sealing them shut' as i suggested is a stoopid idea
:p

maybe she needs a little pair of goggles to keep debris out (j/k of course) but damn that'd look cute,eh?

she'd be like rocky in the rocky and bullwinkle show.
haha
ok so that was a totally different rodent........

Crazy busy day yesterday at work. Called about 4:00 to find out if my girl had been seen. It seems Dr. Hammond took care of my Lility, and she didn't have to have her eye cleaned out, its just an infection. She's on baytril, metacam, and tobramycin eye drops FOUR times a day into the Lids of Steel. :cheeky:

Lilith and I got home at 8:30 last night, kept running into delays on transit and she was very happy to be home. I had her little gang of 3 out first and she sat happily in my lap being stroked for about 6 mins (longer than Lil has ever sat still in her life without being asleep!!)

I was trying to get pics of Lil this morning but instead Isabella decided I was tasty
Oct9Isabella.jpg

then Hansel did so I scritched his sides in thanks :)
oct9Hansel1.jpg

oct9Hansel2.jpg

Finally got to Lilith and applied her drops...
oct9Lilith2.jpg

She started rubbing her eye so I distracted her...heheh
MY lab block!!
oct9Lilith.jpg

she seems to be feeling okay :giggle:

She looks like she's not aware of her eye problem. Looks quite content and doesn't know what all the fuss is about.
oh and btw, I LOVE HANSEL!!!!!!!

jorats said:
She looks like she's not aware of her eye problem. Looks quite content and doesn't know what all the fuss is about.
oh and btw, I LOVE HANSEL!!!!!!!

Everyone must love Hansel...this man is handsome and has quite an attitude...typical bad boy the girls fall for :cheeky: including me!

His health is just awesome even though his HED is progressing slowly, but he's 35 months now...

Lilith has been very patient with me, putting the drops in her eyes. I was told by Dr Hammond I was really going to have to force the drops into those eyes, but really, Lilith lets me flood her eye, then she opens it up like a good girl!! :thumbup: Only issue is that I have to distract Isabella during this process as she likes to lick her friend clean LOL.

As of this morning, Lilith's eye is starting to look much much better. :joy:
Oct13Lilithseye.jpg

Well Lilith goes back in tomorrow to have her eye flushed yet again, poor lass...this is the 4th or 5th time now? I also feel sorry for the techs/vet...who have to get under those Lids of Steel LOLOL

Issa goes in for a re-check and tooth trim as well.

Back