Day at the Vet-Liliths Eye Clean...again!? Staying overnight

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Marsky, my other halfie boy, is being neutered today. I was worried the journey in would stress him out too much, but when I pulled him out of his carrier, it only took a few strokes and kisses to get one of my favourite things. Marsky licks :heart:

Marsky on the bottom
aug12Marsky.jpg

and Lilith...Lilith of the Steel Eyelids needs her eye(s) cleaned out again. We surmised that she must have a faulty tearduct and is unable to wash away irritants like a normal rat. So things eventually get stuck under and build up under her 3rd eyelid. Ouch! :shock:
Dr Munn or possibly Dr Hammond will anesthetize her deeply (since her eyelids seem to stay awake during lighter anesthesia and she clamps down on them), and then clean out under her 3rd eyelid.

Also she has what looks like a cyst or something on her shoulder I want looked at.

Cyst
Sep16Lilithscyst.jpg

Bad eye
sep16Lilithseye.jpg

sep16Lilithseye2.jpg

Good eye, but its very watery which worries me

Poor sweeties. Good luck at the vet.

I have a few rats like your Lilith and they often have an eye or both watery like that. But it doesn't stay like that for long. I hope your vet has an answer and maybe a solution if it's a problem.

mamarat said:
Poor sweeties. Good luck at the vet.

I have a few rats like your Lilith and they often have an eye or both watery like that. But it doesn't stay like that for long. I hope your vet has an answer and maybe a solution if it's a problem.

it was much worse a few days ago so I got worried. Of course on Vet Day, it always looks better. :cheeky:

All well. Vet called and said neuter went great, and Lilith's cyst was taken care of and her eye cleaned out :) Now I just need to go there and pick them and Poppy's body up.

I was right, both eyes were affected. Her bad eye was more affected but the good eye had more stuff pulled out of it. We think it may have been YN too :doh:

Nice thing is that both eyes were taken care of, her cyst lanced and removed and they only charged me a minimal exam fee so yesterday's bill was a little less than expected. :joy:

Aw!

Come on, Lilith love, let's try to move beyond the whole Lids of Steel thing...

Is it really common in most double rexes (or whatever she is, we never could figure that out)?

My little nakie guy had it too and I believe one of my mom's did as well. It's common for them since they don't have that protection around the eye.
Poor Lilith...

Back