Christmas tree thread 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink said:
handmeafish said:
I am really alergic to trees, so I am generally anti real trees...
My roomies have thrown a tantrum about having a real one... so I said they could if they washed it... I might put pics up if its pretty.

How do you wash a christmas tree?

When I was a kid we hung it from the deck and sprayed it down with a hose... then let it dry over night.

handmeafish said:
Pink said:
handmeafish said:
My roomies have thrown a tantrum about having a real one... so I said they could if they washed it... I might put pics up if its pretty.

When I was a kid we hung it from the deck and sprayed it down with a hose... then let it dry over night.

Wow, I had no idea. But I guess living in Alaska that's not really an option. Its -35 C right now, washing would result in an ice tree.

We don't have our's up yet....It's a fake so I'm disappointed anyway. I've grown up with a real tree every year...blah LOL Can't wait til we have our own house to have a real tree again :D My 'father-in-law' isn't much for decorating and such anyway, I'm pretty sure hid girlfriend helped him/made him last year haha

Pink said:
handmeafish said:
Pink said:
handmeafish said:

Wow, I had no idea. But I guess living in Alaska that's not really an option. Its -35 C right now, washing would result in an ice tree.

I got an amasing mental picture from this :D haha

(accidentally posted this in the snow forum. Hahahaha. That's what happens when I have two threads open at the same time..)
Our tree:
11lqwz6.jpg

A little Christmas rattie my Aunt got me. My vet held a craft fair, all benefits to a local no-kill animal shelter.
292yamv.jpg

New owl ornament.
el46s4.jpg

And another..
1zns9hf.jpg

And, a picture of my cat, Little Man, because he's cute. He's a sleepy boy. :cloud9:
sz79tk.jpg

Ooooh, so nice! I love the owl ornaments.

Now what is this? Posting kitty pics in the Xmas tree thread. Oh.. is it because the kitties will soon be living in those trees. LOL
Beautiful cat you got smitten.

My sister tells me that every morning she's cleaning up 5 piles of upchuck tree pieces. LOL

jorats said:
Ooooh, so nice! I love the owl ornaments.

Now what is this? Posting kitty pics in the Xmas tree thread. Oh.. is it because the kitties will soon be living in those trees. LOL
Beautiful cat you got smitten.

My sister tells me that every morning she's cleaning up 5 piles of upchuck tree pieces. LOL
Hanks already destroyed our tree, so far we've lost 4 ornaments and 1/3 of the lights are out since he ate a bulb!

Zooy said:
jorats said:
:laugh4:

Hanks already destroyed our tree, so far we've lost 4 ornaments and 1/3 of the lights are out since he ate a bulb!

Too funny! :laugh4:

I suppose they're aren't as many allergy flare-ups to trees in Alaska. Not much can survive at -35 !
We can't have a real tree...grew up with them though. I can enjoy the huge pine in our front yard at least! The one my hubby keeps threatening to cut down...over my ___ ___! :lol:

My dad doesn't put the tree up until Dec. 24th. Then he takes it down a week later... Bah Humbug! Not enough time to enjoy it in my opinion! :)

Thanks!

Are cats were constantly destroying ornaments.. and everything that touched our tree, so we started bending the branches, and wrapping them around the ornaments. (fake tree, obviously) :lol:

Having four cats all under the age of three, are tree is constantly shaking around. My youngest baby, Panda, who is around 7 months, was ecstatic when she saw the Christmas tree for the first time. :giggle:

(of course I now have to post a picture! She was a girl that my mother and I trapped in a havahart. She was only about six weeks old, living under a shed. It would have been such a waste for such a sweet kitten to turn feral)
2ap11v.jpg

It's funny that so many of you have issues with your cats....other than 1 year when one of ours tried to climb the tree we don't have issues with them.

smilez_n_hugs said:
It's funny that so many of you have issues with your cats....other than 1 year when one of ours tried to climb the tree we don't have issues with them.

Same here. When 2 of mine were kittens it was a pain but aside from that they are fine.

Man now i wanna put up my tree!! I may sweet talk the hubby into letting me go ahead and put it up earlier than usual. We usually wait until a week before Christmas to put up a real tree so it is nice and fresh for the holidays then take it down after my birthday in January. lol

smilez_n_hugs said:
Hank is well... Hank. Unique Hank!!

This is the first year Morgan hasn't peed on the Christmas tree skirt though (she ruined my antique one her first Christmas) so this is a positive!

Well so much for that. I had wanted to put my tree up today but no... the grouch threw a monkey wrench in my plans. Scott had to go and get himself a big dose of bronchitis so wasn't feeling up to it. Maybe tomorrow. I hope.

My tree went up tonight! Wasn't that hard since its only two feet tall lol.

This is the first time I will be away from home on Christmas Day, and the first Christmas living on my own without housemates, so I decided to get a small tree this year. I took tons of pictures, which are uploading as we speak :)

Back