Cesar and Flower - 6/16 :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flower has now been worn down to a nubbin. :) She's much happier now, is bringing shavings up to her hammock again :doh: and has started huffing and puffing at rats outside of her cage again like she used to :joy:

may3CesarandFlower.jpg

What a sweet picture! Nominate for RPOM!!!!!

I'm so happy this match is working out so well! They really look happy together! :heart:

Cesar is not responding enough to the antibiotics, so he will be seeing Dr Munn tomorrow..I was hoping to stabilize him before having to do this, as he stresses so easily and stressing is incredibly dangerous for him. I want everyone (and myself) to be prepared for Cesar to be pts tomorrow. I think the trip will make it impossible not to. I almost don't want to go tomorrow. :sad3:

:sad3: So sad... it was looking so good, with him getting a new girlfriend and all... I'm really sorry for you and Sharlee :hugs: Let's hope news are better than expected...

lilspaz68 said:
Cesar is not responding enough to the antibiotics, so he will be seeing Dr Munn tomorrow..I was hoping to stabilize him before having to do this, as he stresses so easily and stressing is incredibly dangerous for him. I want everyone (and myself) to be prepared for Cesar to be pts tomorrow. I think the trip will make it impossible not to. I almost don't want to go tomorrow. :sad3:

OH NO!!!! :sad3: When do you need to go?
Jim says we will come and pick you up so I can say goodbye. :cry:
Let me know.
Without your help he would have died like Wylie and I thank you for giving him a wonderful last few weeks with Flower. :hugs:
Cesar might just surprise us all and rally as he has Flower power now. :heart:

lilspaz68 said:
My appointment is at 10 am...so I have to leave about 8:30

Jim and I will pick you up take you to the appointment and drive you home afterwards.
I would love to meet your sweeties if you have time. :heart:
Better for Cesar better for you.
It's at least I can do for all you've done for me. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Let me know your address etc.

We're home and WITH Cesar :)

The drive by Sharlee and her husband really did the trick so he wasn't as stressed by the trip. :joy: I am to continue the baytril/zithro and give the dex like before every 3 days. We are going to try nebulizing again with Flower and see if he does better with his friend. We discussed further options, what the pulm abscesses are like (there's a film over the lungs that actually the bacteria lurk in, but if you can get rid of the film the bacteria goes with it...THIS is why the hypertonic saline is so important. He is going to look back into Mucomyst but right now its on back order. We may even try clavamox and baytril to see if that works in the future :)

Dr Munn said it was soo nice to see me with a live rat. :giggle:

:dance:

What a relief!!! You and Sharlee must be sooo relieved!!! I had a feeling he was coming back home with you - now let's cure that thing once and for all! :whip:

I had a nice visit with Shelagh, Cesar and met Miss "chunk a lump" Flower. :lol:
What a beauty!! :heart:
It was lovely to see Cesar and Flower snuggled together grooming. :cuddle:
I think I talked Shelagh's ears off. :roll:
She was able to visit with my babies.
All in all a banner day. :joy:
Yay Cesar!!!!

lilspaz68 said:
We're home and WITH Cesar :)

The drive by Sharlee and her husband really did the trick so he wasn't as stressed by the trip. :joy: I am to continue the baytril/zithro and give the dex like before every 3 days. We are going to try nebulizing again with Flower and see if he does better with his friend. We discussed further options, what the pulm abscesses are like (there's a film over the lungs that actually the bacteria lurk in, but if you can get rid of the film the bacteria goes with it...THIS is why the hypertonic saline is so important. He is going to look back into Mucomyst but right now its on back order. We may even try clavamox and baytril to see if that works in the future :)

Dr Munn said it was soo nice to see me with a live rat. :giggle:

Yay! I was hoping the car ride would help :)

I think Mucomyst is the reason I had such a negative experience nebulizing. It smells awful, like burning plastic, and rats really panic.

Watching Cesar and Flower in the carrier cage yesterday really showed me how much they care for each other in just a week. He loves his big-bottom girl very much, she's a great pillow, she's good to lick and groom, and she doesn't protest when he lies on her and just boggles his happy little heart out. :heart: :heart:

I was shaking just a little bit during the exam. I had them out, and Dr Munn came into the room, and we talked for a moment about things, at this point Cesar had climbed up to my shoulder and Flower had wedged herself between the bag and the carrier :p He assumed the big fat white one was the patient, and I said no...its this fellow. He seemed surprised and said "Really? He looks good!" I said "listen to his lungs.." So he did, and then that concerned face all owners who deal with Dr Munn knows shows up...I told him how worried I had been about the stress of the public transit trip, and that Shar had taken pity on me and driven both of us so he wouldn't get so stressed. I still believe that we would've had to euth him if I had taken the bus/subway/bus to the clinic yesterday (Thank you Jim and Shar!!)
When I heard Dr Munn say "Oh no, he's too happy to think of having put to sleep yet..." its like the floor dropped out from me, and I was sooo happy!! :bliss:

Just caught up here, my heart almost flipped at a sudden change of not good, glad to here he bounced right back :D hang in there little man. If I didn't know any better I'd say his girlfriend is the reason why he keeps going :D

Back