Bittersweet...Laila my Last Wildling...update 12/20

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't she the most adorable wildling? She's looking mighty proud of herself to be able to communicate with her smart owner. I would say Laila is one happy old gal. :heart:

Even though her fingers are pretty small, Laila has still managed to wrap Shelagh around one of them! What a gal! :D

i am so sorry about your loss. I just lost one of mine :sad3: his name was oreo. he was my first rat :sad3: i miss him sooo much. So i understand how you feel well no one really understands how you feel.so anyways i just wanted to say im sorry for your loss.By the way im a 12 year old girl who has a rat named oreo.

sincerely,
mackenzie deckert

Our little rubber ball is still with us...up, down, up, down...each day or so I am sure she will be quietly gone when I get home...nope. :roll: She was living in the lining of her decker for days but today she came out and went back into her computer desk Box. :) don't mind the mess behind the computer, that is her territory LOL

Laila2dec13.jpg

Lailadec13.jpg

Right now she has managed to climb up my computer and is on the shelves below the mantel LOLOL

Laila3dec13.jpg
]

She looks great in that last shot - there's a challenge and pride in her eyes yet -- "Don't you dare try to come after me in here. This is MY chosen spot." Great to see. Hope she keeps you guessing!

I got my "tree" yesterday but was very disappointed. Its more of a branch and not what I wanted/needed at all. C'est la vie, I just cannot afford $40 for a bought tree...its' just not going to be as interactive as my 2006 Rat Tree was . :(

But that means Laila's cage would have to move. So I did a pile of shifting. Eggy and Pinn went into her cage, she got the boys' one level hospital cage (its really only a bedroom for her) and the boys got the R-660 which has a shelf...still a bit too small but they get out every night now...

Did someone say that I could possibly be wrapped around some pale pink paws?
Lailasnewsetup.jpg

Lailasbrekkiedec13.jpg

Laila sighting!! Very thin and bony, but bright, happy and alert, her breathing even seems to be better overall.

Put Ensure in a dish for her and she will take a couple of licks and walk away.
Put a syringe in her mom's awkward left hand to try to feed her so she can take pics with her right hand...Ensure is manna!!
grin.gif

Lailalikesensuredec20.jpg

Back