Biorb Fish Tank - fish pics, pg.5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FISHES!!! :joy:
One is lighter than the other, so i am wondering if i have a male and female (woop!)
some pics of them in the bag:
2010_0420rasboras0015.jpg

close up of the lighter one:
2010_0420rasboras0008.jpg

I am releasing them into the tank from the bag in ten minutes, and lights will probably be off most of the day, so i might take more pics tonight if they have settled in or tomorrow :)

They are so tiny and so cute :heart:

they are in the tank but hiding behind plants and its making it impossible to take photos. when they get more settled in im hoping they come to the front, ill be ready with my camera!!!

haha everyone is asking me if i've named them, but there is only a slight colour difference between the two, and i plan on getting another four that will be almost identical.
You can suggest names though if you want :D im calling them 'he' and 'she' at the minute lol

Well, you can do A, B, and C, haha!! Or ... OMG BERT AND ERNIE! Then name the other one Ducky, haha. Oh the nerd.

They will probably be more inclined to come out when there is a school of them. The first couple of days is always tough for the fish at first but then they relax a little. Looks great.

Tarah said:
If the tank is 6.5 gallons, isnt that a little over crowded?

hah definately not. i am getting an apple snail in about a week and then seven shrimp in about four weeks or so

i have six little fish now. they definately are happier as a school.

I got snails :D
I have four. I paid for three but the lady that sold them to me put an extra pink one in because they are so tiny. I am shipping two off to college when they are larger and can be sexed.

Two pink snails (they are less than 5mm)
2010_0513applesnail0005.jpg

2010_0513applesnail0013.jpg

Purple snail (and a rogue snail from ages ago behind it)
2010_0513applesnail0008.jpg

Blue snail
2010_0513applesnail0010.jpg

I havent seen blue snail actually come out of its shell yet, but this morning all snails were gone from the spot they were in last night

updated tank pics
2010_0531jerry0016.jpg

i fitted some blue LED strips for some sexeh moonlighting
2010_0524jerry0061.jpg

i only have five fish now :( one went missing and i never found it. Spent thursday last week emptying the tank and sifting through the gravel trying to find a body to no avail. I also have the purple and pink snails still :) and five (i think) shrimp, three cherry reds and two greens (havent seen the second green in ages)
shrimp:
2010_0531galaxyrasboras0003.jpg

snails together :D
2010_0524jerry0018.jpg

and some of the fish
2010_0531galaxyrasboras0007.jpg

2010_0531galaxyrasboras0011.jpg

Back