Bella's icky eye pics...new pics 12/24 :-)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it might be a luxated lens. :( Don't Hate to Say anything, I appreciate any input. :) She can close her eye over it, I have to hold her eye open to put the ointment on the actual eye *shudder*. She is running and bouncing and exploring and enjoying the odd nip and squeal I make. We are doing "fine" but the eye looks horrible.

Luke has two luxated lens's and Ghost had one, but in both of their cases the lens' are just not attached inside I beleive. They are bursting out. Glad she is doing well otherwise.

Poor little sweetie. I'm glad she doesn't appear to be suffering, because that eye really does look awful. I wonder if it is unusually light-sensitive, even though it can't really be functioning. Maybe that's why she objected to being photographed.

That will give Dr. Munn a good challenge for her first day at the new practice. Looking forward to hearing what she thinks.

That's too bad, I was really thinking it looked better there for a while. :? Poo..... I guess it's safe to say it doesn't hurt her.... that's a blessing.

Good luck with the vets. I'll be thinking about you two. :salut:

Today is the day we see my beloved vet Dr. Munn. She has never met Bella so I have no idea what she will say.

I will update when we get back

BellaseyeNov24ampredocmunn.jpg

So glad you get to see Dr. Munn... I'm guessing a much shorter commute for you too.

Good wishes for Bella!

So the eye has ruptured and is basically dead. We decided to continue the way we are (ointment 3 times a day) and meds (baytril/zithro). Eventually the dead tissue will start an infection and then is when we need to decide what to do. Dr. Munn loved feisty little Bella and her sister. :)

Bella and I are soldiering on. With her upped metacam dosage she is much happier and is actually becoming quite sweet. She will nip (not bite) in the cage now and greatly daring I put my hand in and she grabbed my finger and pulled it into the cage, she would bite a bit, I would say "no" then she'd lick, bite on again and lick...LOL

she is wonderful about her eye goop and loves the cuddles that come with it :)

BellaNov26.jpg

Aw, poor little kiddo. She acts fine? I don't know how they handle the things they do so well, but animals tend to get some internal pain killers going. I hope it can surprise you all and not become a worse problem for her.

She is on baytril/zithro for URI right now (poor Lisbet is really crackly) but is almost cleared up. I will talk to Dr. Munn about keeping her on a low dose of baytril to help prevent any future infection in the eye.

She's mostly very happy right now :D

Back