Bear has a tumour :( (icky pics on links) Update 5/3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

My sweet Bronling boy Bear had a lump on his flank. I thought it was a tumour that was growing slowly. A week or so later I realized it had burst and there was blood matting his fur. So I figured I was wrong and it was an abscess. I softened the scab and squeezed this gelatinous stuff out.
Pics here (gross)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/r ... 2apr21.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/r ... kapr21.jpg

And then it started to bleed :( And took forever to stop, not normal abscess behaviour. He acted limp and weak when I put him back in his cage and I was so worried.

The next day I tried to treat it again and this time it started to bleed right off the bat. I decided I cannot deal with this and made an appointment for the vet.
Dr Munn looked at it (I sent her these pics on email)
Bearsabscessapr24.jpg

Bearsabscess3apr24.jpg

Bearsabscess2apr24.jpg

And she told me it was an infected tumour but these particular ones come out easily and quickly, so Bear is booked for his lump removal on Monday. Poor baby boy.

Bearwhatsthisapr24.jpg

Oh I hope he will be okay.....Bear is a real sweetie....I loved looking at his baby post while Piper was pregnant.......I have a soft spot for all those babies.....I will be thinking of him on Monday and sending good thoughts your way......

Poor Bear. Prayers for Monday.

Why do rats like chewing on bandaids? My are always trying to take mine off when I wear one :doh:

Poor baby child, it must hurt being infected :( That's great that your vet has no concerns about it. I wish your sweet-faced Bear an easy op and a quick heal!

They had a bad morning, I think there was an emergency. He still hasn't even started. He's still eating and looking cute in his travel cage.

I thought I was going to die before I heard this. :shock: They promised to call me as soon as they were done.
Wow, I was almost hysterical, couldn't breathe, my chest still hurts...and I have done this soo many times before! Goes to show you... :cheeky:

Back