Baytril & Doxy Dosage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smilez_n_hugs said:
And I would also only recommend resorting to that after all other med combos (including zithro and heart meds) have been tried.

Well, the only symptoms he has now are:

Porph around the nose and slightly wet sneezez.
He has lot's of energy and he still eats the same, also breathing is fine.

His first respiratory problem was brought upon by stress, I went away for a week, and soemone different was looking after him. He had the wet sneezes and porph which leaded into avery faint raspy breathing ..but nothing bad ..it just took forever to clear the sneezes and the porph, I'm assuming it took so long because he was never actually put on baytril twice daily (as this is a 12 hour medication), he was only put on it for 24 hour periods.

So should I stick with trying doxy + baytril combo for two weeks?

I have started giving baytril + doxy last night, so now he has 3 doses into him, and he seems to be doing better, sneezez are less wet, and not near as much porph.

Toby started sneezing and having a little bit of porph on his nose on May 24th, he has been on Baytril + Doxy twice a day. He still sneezes a little bit and when he dose he sprays porph (I notice it on the napkins he sleeps on), but he no longer has it on his nose or around his eyes.

Back