BarkBox but for rats?

Discussion in 'Chatter Box' started by Sam21, Oct 15, 2018.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

Tags:
?

Would you buy a Mischief Crate?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2018.
  1. Hell yeah!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Maybe?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Nah...

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Oct 15, 2018 #1

Sam21

Sam21

Sam21

I had this crazy idea to maybe start a thing called a Mischief Crate. It’s like a BarkBox but for rats. It’d be a subscription box and it’ll have loads of treats and toys and hammocks for your rats. But I don’t know how popular it would actually be so answer below in the poll if this would be something you’d want around!

Noel likes this.
  2. Oct 18, 2018 #2

jorats

jorats

jorats

Not So Much Staff Member Admin

It sounds fun but I'm very picky with what my rats eat. I'm also very picky about their toys. I don't like anything coming from China due to the lead content. We should be very careful when it comes to food and rats. We should not be feeding them sugar or fat.

Petunia, Noel and SQ like this.
  3. Oct 18, 2018 #3

mvZD

mvZD

mvZD

There are two similar boxes that I know of: Rat Pack, and Ratty Box. I have a subscription to Ratty box, should be getting my second box tommorrow. It’s pretty fun! I think they are both pretty similar is price/amount of items. I think $20 for 5-6 items including toys, treat, and a hammock.

Noel likes this.
  4. Oct 18, 2018 #4

Olympia✨

Olympia✨

Olympia✨

I’m from the U.K. and we have a really good pet store called Pets at Home who do a rat box. It has lots of great quality toys, healthy treats, hammocks and chews. It’s not a subscription box but just something you can buy from the website. I’ve gotten 3 before and they’ve all been awesome.

Noel likes this.
  5. Oct 19, 2018 #5

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

I too am very picky about what my rats eat or have for toys …… also try to give nothing from China because of lead, arsenic, and other containments. I would not be interested in getting a box.

You might be better off asking rat owners in your country what they think, because shipping overseas would be too expensive and their opinions may be different then ours given access to resources being different in different countries

6. Oct 21, 2018 #6

SouthernRodents

SouthernRodents

SouthernRodents

There used to be one called Boggle Boxes as well, but I just saw where their boxes are no longer available. I always thought that was a really cute name for the treat boxes.

7. Oct 23, 2018 #7

Noel

Noel

Noel

I think its a great idea. I used to get Barkbox for my dog n then felt sorry for my cat. I found something similar for her. I didn't know about the 2 mvZD mentioned but I'm going to check them out.