Badger - Intros In Progress - WE CAN PICK HIM UP NOW!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryder got his own thread for his tumor removal, so I thought it was only fair to give Badger his own as well! :)

Badger as shown two acts of hormonal aggression in the past week, once to me, and once to his brother ..I'm not taking anymore chances ..this boy will be getting snipped in 14 days! and I have to say I'm very scared ..like always. ..surgery is surgery no matter what it is ..simple or not ..my stomach will always be uneasy!

He will be fine. It is the best thing I have done for my mean boys.. It is scary though I am always nervous when I drop them off.

Joanne said:
Hopefully this will mellow him out. Rat bites hurt!

And throb and burn... and don't stop bleeding. I hate rat bites!

Good luck BADger... Momma wins this time. No more goolies for you.. ne ner ne ner neeee ner

Seriously, best wishes to the little tike, hope all goes well and he recovers nicely :heart: And :hugs: to his Momma :)

:heart:

Picture Time :D
Loving his cube from Chester
IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Awwww.... and you're trying to pretend this is an aggressive rat??? Those eyes just say "Look mommy, I am a little angel!" I can't believe how irresistible those 2 boys are... so sad they have to be separated! And hadn't I been at my number and had you gotten them along with Chester, they too would have been part of my rat train. Gosh, I need to move to Newfoundland! I am falling in love with all the ratties I see over there! :giggle:

:giggle: don't let those eyes fool you!

Don't worry they still get out for playtime ..and they both seem more relaxed living alone!..only 13 days and I can put them together again :heart:

The Boys Say Happy Easter :)

Do you know who is who? :giggle:

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

Both boys have be doing well living in different cages! they both seem more relaxed ..Badger is not all tense anymore, and Ryder can relax without haviing to worry about his brother beating up on him :giggle:

They have been doing great with playtimes together as well :)

Aren't the ones who looked the sweetest and most innocent usually the biggest trouble makers? Maybe that's just my experience, who knows.

The boys both look great. Lots of good vibes coming your way for mister Badger and the big day, hopefully he'll feel a lot better once he's rid of those silly harbles.

If you really want him to come out, there are things you can do, for before and after the neuter until his silly hormones settle. Btw he's young and a lot of boys will start settling down in a week or so.

What type of cage is Badger in? Do you have a cage where you can lift off the base and he can hop out of the cage on his own? You would need to chivvy him back in after he's run around, but you could try tossing treats in his cage to encourage him to go back.

How thick are your gloves too?

I am going to find Dudley-Do-Bites thread and see if there's anything you can learn from in there.

Aggh no time to read it but try it anyways...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9009&hilit=dudley

Joanne said:
Hopefully this will mellow him out. Rat bites hurt!

Albert bit me twice in his first week at home. He bit right through my middle finger and actually puctured between the cartilage. It took 6 months to fully heal and I needed a tetanus shot.

He was neutered a week later along with Roquefort. Best move I ever made with that boy. He was h311 on paws and highly aggressive before his neuter and a kissy peach afterward.

It's amazing what testosterone can do to their rattitudes! :shock:

Back