as gross, and uncomfortable they are, PLEASE go....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out this week that two more people I care very much about are losing their fights with cancer.

Get checked regularly and don't let anyone downplay your suspicions, you know when something isn't right. Insist on testing and get a second opinion if need be.

Was about to make a separate post asking for prayer...I went to the emergency room on the night of the 15th from severe abdominal/pelvic pain. I go in Monday for surgery b/c I'd ignored/played down some small pains I'd been having.
I have severe endometriosis and have been off birthcontrol to try and get pregnant the last 3 years (to no luck) and because of this, I developed worse scar tissue and cysts. The pain from the other night was actually a ruptured cyst(s) and my right ovary is in torsion (twisted w/ a kink in the falopian tube). They are afraid I might lose the right ovary, lessening even more my chances of ever having children.
My prayers are with this family for such a terrible loss, and it's almost a good kick in the butt for me to start taking better care of myself, seeing someone else so young deal with something so serious that might have been treatable.

Very sorry to hear this :( I was diagnosed with HPV to..im only 23! Soon as my paps started coming back fine, i went and had the Gardisol shots... now they see something else in my pap...as much as im not tryin to worry, it is worrisome...I go back in March, hopefully it comes back fine this time, she said its probably nothing, hopefully shes right.... and agian... my condolences to you..

B&B'sMum23 said:
Very sorry to hear this :( I was diagnosed with HPV to..im only 23! Soon as my paps started coming back fine, i went and had the Gardisol shots... now they see something else in my pap...as much as im not tryin to worry, it is worrisome...I go back in March, hopefully it comes back fine this time, she said its probably nothing, hopefully shes right.... and agian... my condolences to you..

About 80% of women will have at some point HPV. Most women are able to fight the virus off and nothing comes of it. It actually takes 10-15 years for most cervical cancers to develop. I suspect if they are that concerned or want further clarification they will do a colposcopy. I have had this procedure done twice.

Try not to worry yourself to much, just make sure you follow up.

My mother had stage 3 cervical cancer and you can bet I always do the follow up as needed. Its a scary thing.

I'm so sorry Lynds for your loss. :hugs: My thoughts are also with pshuga03. :hugs:

Since I don't have a doctor (I have been on a waiting list for 6 years, however) I don't have a pap test every year but I'm fortunate cervical cancer doesn't run in the family.

pshuga03 said:
Was about to make a separate post asking for prayer...I went to the emergency room on the night of the 15th from severe abdominal/pelvic pain. I go in Monday for surgery b/c I'd ignored/played down some small pains I'd been having.
I have severe endometriosis and have been off birthcontrol to try and get pregnant the last 3 years (to no luck) and because of this, I developed worse scar tissue and cysts. The pain from the other night was actually a ruptured cyst(s) and my right ovary is in torsion (twisted w/ a kink in the falopian tube). They are afraid I might lose the right ovary, lessening even more my chances of ever having children.
My prayers are with this family for such a terrible loss, and it's almost a good kick in the butt for me to start taking better care of myself, seeing someone else so young deal with something so serious that might have been treatable.

i hope your alright hun my mom had endometriosis and so did a few of my other family members its not easy

Back