Anyone have this cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally knew when I see that one was found on cl and was red whose that was!

That is so funny!

So if I get the CN single unit, and then later on down the line get an add-on unit, will it be two separate cages (just stacked on top of each other) or will there be an opening for them to get between levels? I can't tell from pictures...

MadamBelladonna said:
So if I get the CN single unit, and then later on down the line get an add-on unit, will it be two separate cages (just stacked on top of each other) or will there be an opening for them to get between levels? I can't tell from pictures...
It will be able to be used as one giant cage or two separate cages.

Dazzle87 said:
MadamBelladonna said:

so Stacy, to make sure I'm understanding this right, because I'm looking into as well...LOL

the CN add on, is like a single CN all in itself? it can be used as a totally separate cage, minus the stand?

ETA:

from a google shopping search, seems like this is the cheapest deal right now:

from petsupplies.com
Critter Nation Small Animal Cage Add-On Unit
Sale
Price: $101.99 Regularly $119.99

http://www.petsupplies.com/item/critter ... e=GPPETSUP

looks like there are no tax and shipping is $1.00

kscanuck785 said:
Dazzle87 said:
MadamBelladonna said:

so Stacy, to make sure I'm understanding this right, because I'm looking into as well...LOL

the CN add on, is like a single CN all in itself? it can be used as a totally separate cage, minus the stand?

ETA:

from petsupplies.com
Sale

That would be awesome! And if so, could you add ANOTHER add-on unit on top of the add-on? :panic:

MadamBelladonna said:
kscanuck785 said:
Dazzle87 said:
MadamBelladonna said:

ETA:

from petsupplies.com
Sale

That would be awesome! And if so, could you add ANOTHER add-on unit on top of the add-on? :panic:
Unfortunately I don't think it works that way haha, I believe the add one come with a floor that has the ramp/hole in it, so it wouldn't have a solid floor, Unless you want to have it right on the floor for a solid floor

"Unfortunately I don't think it works that way haha, I believe the add one come with a floor that has the ramp/hole in it, so it wouldn't have a solid floor, Unless you want to have it right on the floor for a solid floor"

Not sure I quite understand...

The ramps fold up to cover the holes between levels, right?

If you took the add-on unit and closed the ramp (therefore, no hole in the floor lol) and covered the hole (so no poopy goes through), it could work?

Does it also have a hole in the top for another add-on to go on top of the original add-on?

Ugh, this is confuzzling... :wallbang:

yeah...I need an answer too!! LOL

so if you already have just the single CN, if you buy the add on, there is that "hole" in the bottom floor...but what if you put a "1st level" bass pan on top, then would solve the opening problem...
but I got to thinking...don't you have to use the roof of the single to put on top of the add on? or you just end up with an extra piece?

I usually figure things out pretty quickly, but I never really looked into the FN/CN before (yeah, shocking!!) so they are still puzzling me at this point! LOL

Well the CN add-on can be used as two cages, but you can't ACTUALLY separate them and have two single CN's if you wanted. It doesn't work like that. The add-on uses the same *roof*/*lid* as the single did, so if you were going to separate them you wouldn't have a sturdy floor, or a roof. If your wanting to separate cages, it would be better to buy two singles. But if you just want to separate cages but basically the same cage, the add on is great because you can use the bottom pan and just put it in the CN add-on level so no one can get downstairs.

jenniferkelley said:
Well the CN add-on can be used as two cages, but you can't ACTUALLY separate them and have two single CN's if you wanted. It doesn't work like that. The add-on uses the same *roof*/*lid* as the single did, so if you were going to separate them you wouldn't have a sturdy floor, or a roof. If your wanting to separate cages, it would be better to buy two singles. But if you just want to separate cages but basically the same cage, the add on is great because you can use the bottom pan and just put it in the CN add-on level so no one can get downstairs.

See that's what I was trying to say haha

I was debating getting the add on or go with another single , since I have boys and girls right now but eventually I want it to be a regular 2x CN.
so, I was wondering...well, then what am I going to do to get the middle floor with the hole and ramp?

I called Midwest and they do NOT sell cages parts like sides, bottom or roofs, so that answered my question!

so I'm going with an add on! I will use them as separate cages for the time being.
will more than likely get bass pans.

and why am I getting a CN add on?
because the FF cage is sold and it's looking like I have a buyer for ALL 4 pf my superpet cages...!!!

So I totally just remembered that my mom has a $200 stock for me with some company. She told me a while back I could have it whenever I want...

I believe I see a nice big double CN in my immediate future :mrgreen:

Back