And baby watch begins *Spotting*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alllright

well, the short answer first and then the long one. First off, sorry for the complete drop-off-earth scare.

second off... No babies.

If this is a good or a bad thing I'm not really sure quite yet. I honestly have no idea what happened. Re-absorption, from what I've read, is a very rare thing and between four females at the same time? okwow.

I can't say what happened because I have no idea.

Now for the long answer...

I don't know what's going on. I don't understand what's going to be happening all I know is, due to a huge family feud at the moment I may be moving... Again. And back to where we were before.

Now, what does this have to do with my rats? The man we lived with before doesn't like them. He didn't even know I KEPT the ones I did. He thought I just had four boys. (He never came up in my room.)

Now that we might be going back, I might have to get rid of most of my rats...

I don't want to, I don't want to think about it but I do know that I DO NOT want them to go towards snake food.

All I know is I need someone that I can contact in the event I do need to find homes for five girls and three boys.

If you all know any rescue within a 30 minute radius of alton, IL then please PLEASE message me.

first off, how did you come across having four pregnant females at once? did you know for absolute certain that they were pregnant? second, if I were you I would get them to the vet ASAP, to make sure no one is ill, and there are no dead babies left inside anyone.

Third, I am sorry about your possible rehoming situation.. hopefully things can get sorted out. how many rats do you have in total right now? maybe the fact that no one had any babies was a good thing if this situation came up.. start looking for fosters or possible adopters now, just so that, if things do change and you can not keep your rats, they have somewhere safe lined up to stay. If everything works out, then hey! If I were a possible foster/adopter, I would be glad to know a bad situation was reversed and the kids got to stay with their mom

Victoria: yes, my mother is taking CB and Pippa.

Kat: There's been no lethargy, bleeding (aside fromt eh weird spots of blood the other day), and yes I'm hoping to find new homes for just in case :/

Right now in total I have 14.

Seven girls (but two found a home)
and seven boys. (But I'm keeping four.)

oof, yeesh, that is a lot of rodents to rehome.. you should make a separate thread explaining the situation with pictures of the babies you plan on finding homes for. Post your location in the title

Example *Ten rats need rehoming 7 girls 3 boys NY Long Island area*

that way shackers who are in your area can see and maybe help. Wish I was closer and could step in to help out myself. good luck with everything

Wow that sounds like it will be a lot of babies for you guys! I wish you all the best, and I also hope for small litters.

Good luck!

Back