And baby watch begins *Spotting*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangishPinkishBlue

:stickpoke:

Today marks day 20 from the incident. Last night we were holding the ratties and pippas 'belly' kicked us. Joe was spotting last night, but I didn't get TOO excited as I know it can still be a good 24 hours till. But, ah well. Maybe babies tonight!

OrangishPinkishBlue said:
:stickpoke:

Today marks day 20 from the incident. Last night we were holding the ratties and pippas 'belly' kicked us. Joe was spotting last night, but I didn't get TOO excited as I know it can still be a good 24 hours till. But, ah well. Maybe babies tonight!

How many did you determine were pregnant?

Four. I thought a fifth but she isn't acting like it at-all. So we're looking at about 80 babies instead of 100 something.

How much has each girl gained over her pregnancy, this often will tell you how big or small a litter will be.

lilspaz68 said:
Four. I thought a fifth but she isn't acting like it at-all. So we're looking at about 80 babies instead of 100 something.

How much has each girl gained over her pregnancy, this often will tell you how big or small a litter will be.

I wish I could tell you D: Our scale broke and I couldn't take any weights past day 8

Yeah. It's so weird. I thought it was just her leg bending up at first but as I was watching her belly (and another one of the girls) you can see little...little.... Idon't know how to describe it.. It's so trippy.

Yeah. It's so weird. I thought it was just her leg bending up at first but as I was watching her belly (and another one of the girls) you can see little...little.... Idon't know how to describe it.. It's so trippy.

Like a baby pushes its leg out the side while its yawning? Slow and leisurely?

lilspaz68 said:

Like a baby pushes its leg out the side while its yawning? Slow and leisurely?

That sounds so adorable :heart:

she might've had a miscarriage, or had the babies and she ate them. if they're stillborns, or sick she'll eat them. if her belly is still big, i'd get her to a vet ASAP as babies can be stuck!! try rubbing/massaging her belly to help move things along. but be very gentle.

This is only the 23rd day right? Some pregnancies can go up to 25 days, and sometimes they reabsorb like my Laury did in her last few days...the scale would've told you that if it had been replaced.

Back