A New Henry for Henry's Mum-NEW pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumsyRat

Hi All! And Lyndsy!

Last week a lady who had adopted rats from me in the past contacted me because she found a poor little lost hamster in her driveway, and what was she to do? So I made a quick post here in the forum. I hardly had time to press enter before I got a response from Henry's_mum. Upon discovering that the little guy was both docile and adorable she quickly decided he would be the new Henry in her home.
He's going to be Cole's hamster so I guess that makes her henry's_gramma! :giggle:

Let's all meet Henry!

Sorry about the bad close ups!

He sure is a sweetie pie! I always told people that I didn't like hamsters but now I'm not so sure....

Yeah, the droopy ear gives him some character. It was bloody when he was first found but seems to have healed up fine. Well, except for the holes in it. It looks like a tiny pink slice of swiss cheese.

Probably not, sweets. He will be too big for those tubes, and that cage is pretty small.

I'd go with a bin cage myself. ;) Or a large tank (20 long) but bins are lighter and easier to clean.

I have a living world safari hamster cage you could attach to it to make it bigger. I have a few other small cages that were donated to me that may work too. If not, bin cages are easy and cheap to make. We had to make two when we rescued Melvin, Rhea, Skye and the bubs.

He's cute. I have never had a hamster because I look at them as "fur balls with teeth". This little guy is making me think again. Congratulations on your new furry baby.

Maple said:
He's cute. I have never had a hamster because I look at them as "fur balls with teeth". This little guy is making me think again. Congratulations on your new furry baby.

They are fur balls with teeth. I have suffered more hamster bites than rat bites. Although the natal rats are by far the worse.

eagle said:
Maple said:
They are fur balls with teeth. I have suffered more hamster bites than rat bites. Although the natal rats are by far the worse.
Oh.....I just changed my mind although I wouldn't mind some of the dwarf guys. At least they can live in groups. :D

eagle said:
Maple said:

Hamsters are worse than natals in my opinion, my natal bites are never out of spite unlike Hammies who seem to like to bite people where as natals they're natural response to everything is to bite.

People with crappy hamster experiences, pick your hamsters better. :wink: An ill-bred, unsocialized hamster will more than likely bite.

As an ex-hamster person, I've had far more sweet, non-biting hamsters than I have ones that bit. And a lot of it's being cage territorial or being woken up that makes them bite.

And I don't even like hamsters and I'm saying that.

That was the problem with my friends hamster, it alway got up on the wrong side of the bed. :pffft: I guess I'm just used to gerbils. I wake mine up all the time to a happy face that tells me "OK.....lets run" :bliss:

Back