• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

<:3 )~ The Rat Stash- Hot Gifts for Cool Fuzzies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I remember & loved that hammock design. I actually sew those up for my own cage and adore them, and love that they can be made with one or two tunnels. Unfortunately, those are someone elses design, otherwise they would be on my website in a heartbeat. :heart:

As for the tunnel bunks, due to the design & trying to make room for the tunnel inside, the upper portion is probably only big enough for one rat, then one in the tunnel (possibly two small rats), and however many want to pile in the bottom section (which is pretty big, but droopy, so they would indeed pile). :laugh4:

The bottom level has been a fave spot of Gizmo, my tilty girl. & I've seen a few check out the upper level, but sadly none of mine have figured out the passthrough to the tunnel yet. :giggle:

We&#39;ve now added optional "PeekNSqueak" lookouts to our Double Deckers. Here&#39;s what they look like in action:
7296282368_3bb4f964ac_z.jpg

For Dawn: 2 Double Deckers w/ optional "PeekNSqueak" lookouts (Don't they look gnarly flat?)
7296281772_3349192430_z.jpg

For Lee Anne: Rat Stash purchased via our LilSpaz Rescue Rats Monthly Fundraiser. ♥
7296284292_8dcac7647d_z.jpg

For Chelsey: Medium Double Decker (shortened) with optional "PeekNSqueak" lookouts.
7296283592_bc1ecea673_z.jpg

& our Mouse PopUps are now available with optional grommets, turning them into a 2n1 design that can either be a freestanding hut or a hanging hammock. Many thanks to The Cozy Corner for allowing us to miniaturize their Signature Design, The Tent.
7296282838_1f5ce1b5af_z.jpg

I&#39;m also working on another new hammock design, that will be made exactly like the Double Deckers w/ "PeekNSqueak" lookouts, but will offer the option of a few different hanging positions depending on where the grommets go. Customers will be able to choose the style they want, or opt for "all styles" with multiple grommets for multiple hanging positions.

Rescue of the Month totals for May:
$65 donated to Any Rat Rescue
$20.80 donated to LilSpaz Rescue
$2.60 donated to Mainely Rat Rescue

Thanks to everyone who purchased for making this possible!

I&#39;m happy to announce that June&#39;s Rescue of the Month is "LilSpaz Rescue". Shelagh is a dear friend who works tirelessly to offer a final sanctuary to so many old, sick and unwanted rats in Canada. Much of her funding comes out of pocket, and with many rats in her care needing medical attention, donations can be a true lifesaver for so many deserving creatures. ♥
For the month of June, 10% of every purchase price will be donated to her rescue, and as always, the full purchase price of any items in our Monthly Fundraiser will be donated as well.

http://theratstash.com/rescueofthemonth.html

Thought I'd post some pics of the cage liners :)

I have only used the one set thus far. Im going to use the liners in cases where i have to quickly clean a cage or if someone has a respiratory issue. They are not dusty like aspen. So it might be a bit before pictures of the other set are up.

The liners work really well in the pans. They are a tad big, but I found that helpful when putting them in the pans because a bit will fold up the side allowing for some space for a tack down with heavy items in the cage.

Anyway, here are some pics:

The day of the cage clean:
DSC_0662.jpg

(lol can you see the 3 rattums here? :p)

Bottom
DSC_0667.jpg

(there are 3 in here too!)

The next day! LOL!:
DSC_0673.jpg

Bottom
DSC_0676.jpg

My girls didn't leave the liner alone - which I figured would happen. These girls destroy EVERYTHING! The liners on the shelf don't last 2 uses before they are all chewed up.
The advantage: all I had to do was pull it back into place. Very easy. There is no desire to chew them (believe me, if a rat was going to chew on these liners it would be these two little buggers lol). I really like the liners for a fast clean. I just take them out and shake them out on the balcony :D

Anyway, all in all, they work really well!

So do the carrier liners! I'll have to take a pic when the carriers are set up (they are put away right now - had to make the rat room presentable for the superintendent :panic: )

@ crumbilina: That's so strange. I was told the other sets for Bass Pans were almost an exact fit. I wonder if the terrycloth padding makes them a bit bigger... I would have guessed it would be the opposite. Up until now anyone who got liners for Bass Pans got the same size as for regular pans, and they seemed spot on. I also wonder if perhaps different brands of fleece have a bit more stretch, and it's just not as apparent when using them for the standard pans.

I'm glad they seem to be working for you though. & that sucks about the shelf liners. Until recently, mine have been dreams with their liners... now though, Gizmo too has figured out that elastic tastes yummy. I'm hoping it's a one time deal, but not too hopeful. :roll:

I'm glad the carrier liners are working as well. I'm always nervous sizing for items I don't have in front of me. :thumbup:

violet976 said:
ahhhh... interesting. Different measurements, perhaps?

My pans are from FlowerTown Chinchilla, and your liners are a perfect fit... then again, I didn't get them with padding. :scratch:

Hmmm. Then I can only chalk it up to the terrycloth or possibly different stretch on the brands of fleece. Next time I whip up a terrycloth padded liner I'll have to measure it out to compare.

I just laid the terry cloth liner and the one without padding over each other and the terry cloth one is a tad bigger, lol actually just the right amount bigger to fit exactly. But, as I said, they still work extremely well! You could expect that if they were a tad bigger that the corners would be a problem, however, they really weren't. Everything fit down nicely and the extra allowed for the houses to hide the edges (which is a goo thing with Lily and Abby >.<)

I guess with the terry cloth, there is less elasticity then with just fleece? Terry cloth is less stretchy then fleece isn't it?

I dunno, either way, Im super happy with them :) Its not like it is excess of multiple inches, just enough to ride up the side of the pan a tad :)

It's funny though, I would have expected the terrycloth ones to be smaller, since I figured the fleece would have more stretch and would stretch out a bit more when sewing. I would have thought the ones lined with terrycloth would have minimized the stretch, making them a bit smaller. So funny that the opposite seems to be true. In any case, I'm glad it doesn't appear to be an issue for you, and I'll definitely measure out my next set of terrycloth lined liners to see for myself. :thumbup: It'd be a good thing to know.

violet976 said:
It's funny though, I would have expected the terrycloth ones to be smaller, since I figured the fleece would have more stretch and would stretch out a bit more when sewing. I would have thought the ones lined with terrycloth would have minimized the stretch, making them a bit smaller. So funny that the opposite seems to be true. In any case, I'm glad it doesn't appear to be an issue for you, and I'll definitely measure out my next set of terrycloth lined liners to see for myself. :thumbup: It'd be a good thing to know.

I thought that it would have been opposite too!
Who knows? Maybe you were right when you said that different fleece has different stretchiness.
I love how heavy they are! They get tired just trying to move it!
:giggle: silly girls

Back