• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

<:3 )~ The Rat Stash- Hot Gifts for Cool Fuzzies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PREMADE FN/CN Cage Liner Sets now available! Choose Single or Double, choose your Shelf Style, and add optional matching ramp covers.
Will ship within 5 days of payment received!

Click here for pricing or more information.

f_1993005.jpg

f_1992042.jpg

f_1992040.jpg

f_1992037.jpg

f_1992033.jpg

:redhot:

You got me spending again... bad timing, especially since I'm anticipating 3 x-rays on Friday...

Do you read my mind? I've been wanting to order for a while, but I didn't want to wait for delivery...

@ unepuce: Oh no. x-rays for what? I hope everything is ok hun.

& ha, no mind reading. I myself needed more liners, so I put those at the top of my premade list. I figured I could keep whatever didn't sell. & next week I'll be sewing the first Premade Pudgy PopTunnels (for guinea pigs). I figure the premades are win/win, as I can sew them when I'm slightly ahead of schedule and they don't push out estimates any further for new orders. :nod:

After losing my Mira on Saturday, I'm getting a bit paranoid and am taking my 2 remaining piggies to the vet - if any of them has anything out of the ordinary in their urine, I'm having her/him x-rayed so I don't miss out on stones like with Mira. :sad3:

The third one is Tanner - he's got an internal mass that doesn't resorb and he's been on abs for a month... expecting the worst and he's not even a year old :cry4:

And I had a question on your Pudgy Pop Tunnels... they don't seem to hold like the ones you make for rats - do they have plastic inserts like the other ones?

I'm sorry to hear about your wee ones, and crossing fingers that all goes well at the vet visit. That's too many wee ones to have to worry about all at once. :heart:

As for the Pudgy PopTunnels, they are indeed supported differently than the standard PopTunnels. I searched high & low and couldn't find a feasible source for larger plastic inserts, so I began toying around with plastic tubing instead. At first I wasn't fond of them as they are floppier looking than the standard PopTunnels, but I sent off what I thought was a failure and it turned out the piggies really liked it. This design uses three pieces of plastic tubing to hold it up, and they are also removable, so you can take them out when you wash. They are still in the testing phases, but so far have been well received:

This photo shows the floppiness aspect that I wasn't sure of:
423702_318036351577515_104740432907109_836795_902628088_n.jpg

& these albums show them in action, courtesy of North Star Rescue & Jen's Custom Crafts:
North Star Testers

Jen's Custom Crafts Testers

I think it's hilarious that Jen is one of your testers! Testing competition :giggle:

BTW, I love that floppy look, and knowing piggies, straight or floppy don't bother them as long as they feel safe!

Ha, it is kind of funny. I'd never really thought of it that way. Probably because she caters highly to the guinea pig market, and I the rats. & she also specializes in the padded items, which I wont touch. I hate batting with a passion. :laugh4:

I&#39;m contemplating an order with YourFleece. If anyone was wanting custom fleece for an order, please let me know. The order will need to be paid in full before fabric is ordered, but with the current sale/coupon there will likely be little to no additional charge for the custom fabric.

View YourFleece fabric here

violet976 said:
Possible New Design - Double Decker with 6 lookouts.

6954399406_d05f0ae914_z.jpg
WOOT! That'd be perfect for my kids! For some strange reason. they insist on making extra "poke my head out" holes in their double bunkers, right where the seam is between the two layers. At least with pre-made holes, they wouldn't ruin the stitching that keeps the lower level on and cause it to collapse ...

*that* is so cool! I bet my girls would love something like that.
for some reason the girls are more interested in what's going on outside of the cage and want to be able to look out,
the boys don't seem to care as much, not sure why

Love the new design! As soon as you're ready to sell them, count me in! I have a bunch of incorrigable chewers, and that might foil them.

Hey, you could name this one the Belvedere.

For Nancy: Double FN/CN Cage Liners in Skelanimals
7113955063_22a7c3e064_z.jpg

For Nancy: Double FN/CN Cage Liners in Bugs on Pink
7113955003_c185353b75_z.jpg

For Charity: Double FN/CN Cage Liners in Purple Retro Squares
6967876388_a82ca2c64c_z.jpg

For Charity: Single FN/CN Cage Liner Set in Bugs on Pink
7113954463_5356f9d8e4_z.jpg

For Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa: Double FN/CN Cage Liner Set & 1 Ramp Cover in Flowers & Bubbles & Butterfly Bliss
7119454491_0e3bd843f2_z.jpg

For Morgan: Triplewide Stash in Seahorses & Jellyfish, & Under The Sea
6973373692_8254ebe190_z.jpg

For Christine: 8x8 Cube in Safari Surprise
7119454721_c07c996c8f_z.jpg

Back