14 Ratties (& me) now have a home in Halifax, NS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been told that I have been approved for the apartment :D

I hope to sign a lease on Monday .... I am home in NB today and drive back to NS later this afternoon.

They said I could move in midmonth as they need to change the light fixtures ... tho they are not going to paint or anything ...
I have repeatedly explained my situation and hope to move in by Wednesday ... no furniture etc. but at least it will be a place to sleep and have a shower.
Hoping to make arrangements to get the power turned on, carpets cleaned and also for phone and internet as soon as I sign the lease.
Hoping to move at least one load of my things ... including ratties, next weekend ... will try to reserve a cargo van today.
Linda and godmother are going to look after my 14 ratties this week ... thanks so much ladies!!!!

Fortunately the widow of a former co worker of my mother is going to let me sleep on her couch for the next few days :) Really can't afford to be staying in hotels ...

Soooo, it is slowly working out .... soon I will have time to stress about classes, the fact I haven't gotten my student loan yet, etc. lol

Thanks so much for asking and for your interest ... nice to have a support system 8)

YAY Holly, so happy for you. Nothing worse then going to school and not having a place to stay. When do you start school anyways???

I started school last week ... drove to NS last Tuesday as I had to be at school last Tuesday afternoon.
Needless to say, it has been hectic.

Once you get your masters, it's going to be one reward you fought hard for and so much more deserving.

Do the landlord/building super know about the rats? :D

Thanks for the good wishes ...

The building manager knows I have "small cage pets like hamsters, gerbils, mice ..." Didn't mention rats or the number of "small cage pets". No one asked what type of small cage pets I have or how many ...

But small cage pets and cats are ok in this building, so as long as no smell, etc. we should be ok.

Now I just have to break the news to my mother that her dog can't visit ... he is about the size of a large cat soooo .... maybe if he learned to meow ... :lol:

:)

Fantastic news Holly!!

I have my fingers crossed that they will let you move in on Wednesday!

Then we get to hear all about your classes.

good for you for pushing through this horrible stressful time. :thumbup:

((hugs)) from all your friends here(human and ratty ;))

Well, third times a charm ... signed the lease so we now have a place to live !!! :p
Had the carpets steam cleaned today ... good thing too, as they looked ok but were actually very dirty.
Going back to NB after class on Thursday to pack and spend the weekend moving.
Tired already, just thinking about it. 8)

Awww sweetie!!! You made it to the end of the tunnel!!

Good for you, and I wish you the most painless of packing and moving that anyone has ever experienced!!! :heythere: :clapping:

Well, we are slowly getting unpacked and settling in.

Rat cages are in the kitchen ...

Rattiesinthekitchen.jpg

Ratsinthekitchen.jpg

and the playpen is in the living room ...

9rattiesintheplaypen.jpg

rattiesintheplaypen.jpg

Hope to set up the free range area by next weekend ....
still haven't unpacked the dishes and finally put the bed together about 3 days ago ... put the couch together today ...

So it is coming along ... 8)

now to get caught up in school :(

Aw man! I wish I could have signed up earlier, I am so sorry SQ!! I grew up just 20 minutes outside of Halifax, but if you have any questions about the area, feel free to PM me, or e-mail, or anything, lol. Hope your new place is not in a too bad of an area :wink:

I'm going to have to come visit ya now, lol, offically welcome you to the province :p (or vice versa :lol: )

Back