Sheldon's furbabies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So very very happy to see she's doing much better today than she was last night. Gosh is she cute as all heck, loooooove those ears!

Man, Sheldon is still sleeping a heck of a lot. She's still doing ok at the moment though. Eating, drinking, grooming...
She still zones out a bit at times but at least she isn't sub-comatose.

Last edited:
Oh God y'all what do I do? She has dropped from 331g to 300g just since 11/1. She is still eating so short of plying her with bacon grease I don't know what to do!!

I don't know what critical care is, but I would give whatever I could get into him the mix I mentioned earlier, baby food, baby cereal, and I could put in the syringe. PT babies lose weight so fast in a matter of days they are down 100+ grams.

I made a mush out of Oxbow, olive oil, and warm water. She eats a bit of it readily from a plate so I think I will first try frequent offerings of that and syringe extra if she doesn't eat enough. Thank you. I hate seeing her skin shrink like this. She acts almost completely normal so it is crazy to me that she is not eating enough.

If she's eating with her cagemates its possible she's getting pushed aside. Hang in there hopefully things will improve. Come Sheldon you precious nakie ♡

I would definitely take her out on her own several times a day to eat mush. If she can still lick up food, then let her. As my boy Hotch progressed, it looked like he was eating, but all he really did was smoosh the food around and get himself messy. He actually ingested very little. That's when it's time to go to syringe feeding.

She really is eating the mush and also some baby food on her own. She doesn't eat much at a time though so I've been doing it frequently.

It depends how well the tumor responds to the medication. I have treated three, but only one had very good results with the meds. You just have to play it by ear, day by day.

Back