Sheldon's furbabies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is soft. I was actually referring to her abdomen being soft when I said that as a panicked (and possibly irrational) part of me feared megacolon. The incision is soft too though. I have been feeling them all up to make sure they don't get abscesses or cysts.

The tissue that was encasing the sutures in Clark felt hard and looked like he still had balls.

Ok. So I took Raj to the vet last week and she was put on antibiotics and had an xray taken because of the bloating. Today I notice that there is a firm, but pliable, very symmetrical mass to her left side under her diaphragm. Honestly it could well be her liver, but it could also be a tumour or just a cyst. I called my vet tonight and she instructed me to give 1mg subq dex tonight, reassess tomorrow, and bring her in Thursday if there is no improvement.

Last edited:
I should remind everyone that Raj came from the hoarder rat situation a few months back and has very likely come from lines of inbreeding. About 60% of the babies died with either megacolon or failure to thrive. Her little life was never set up to be easy. :(

Perhaps it was some internal bleeding and now there is a haematoma? I dunno, grasping at straws...
I hope you can figure out what is going on with her.

So it turned out Raj had splenomegaly. It is gradually going down and apparently not life threatening.

Psycho Penny and Leonard had their 1st birthday today. They are they only ones whom I have an actual birthday for. This time we celebrated with vanilla ice cream. The cold did not even phase them.

abe1fde44dd3ada8ad723f1d7c7db3c1.jpg

8bcace923da70f5099347b205da7ea27.jpg

ab61711845abb778b25b5b4e6e35cffe.jpg

d3a55f965a634329b4b65a236abf41d6.jpg
zoom...they're off!
d00f6c1b62b23d2eafd02743031459b6.jpg

f570e4fe56b6649ac9f0381b2dc7b919.jpg

edc5029bcd1f689c4f5f0a72a291d06c.jpg
sharing is caring :)

HOW ON EARTH HAVE I MISSED THIS THREAD!?
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYS TO ALL YOUR RECENTLY CELEBRATED BUBS!
Sheldon is so cuuute and my Wally reminds me of her.
That ice cream looks like the really good stuff mmm
Glad everyone is doing better!

No. I have no clue. It showed up a whole 9 days after the spay and no one in the colony was sick to my knowledge.
?????

Ugh. [emoji35]. Found Penny puffed up and making crackly noises when breathing. Lungs are clear. Here we go with more abx...

On a lighter note, and comical one...I am officially a foster failure (eyeroll). They had me at hello. Actually, I think it was over a few weeks ago when they obliged themselves to move into the main dcn. It SO was not my idea but they are very convincing...

Hah love when fosters invite themselves to stay. Thats what happened to me I recently decided I'm keeping Wally and Yoshi. I can't part with Wally so Yoshi stays too

Back