Peanut's eye thread - Possibly NOT the end!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Peanut man has come crusting around the insicion and it looks like some stuff might be coming out - possibly yellow... I have a call into the vet to see if I should be concerned about this.

No stinky = good. :)
OK, how about another pic for our photographic journey?

Peanut man will not allow a photo, remember him hiding in his igloo? Well, that is where you will find him.... I have to pull all the fleece out and tip it over to get him out for him meds and then the battle is on..... He is one difficult rat to get medication into... My hands have battle wounds from his nails.. I will try and get one today. I'm going to clean their cage and put Peanut back in with his cage mates...maybe he won't be so grumpy then.

Oh, I had no idea he has been on his own all this time. Here's hoping for a much happier boy. :nod:

Yes, big boy + small cage = crappy rat! We have put him back with his cage mates on and off so they don't forget each other. We take them out to the couch together, but we don't leave them together for long periods. We didn't want them pulling his stitches out or messing with his eye. We put him back before the surgery when we realized they were leaving him alone, but took him back out after he pulled that scab thing off.

Unfortunately, I think this whole mess might have started when I reduced them to a single CN from their DCN. If they think Throttle's abscess must be from some mysterious puncture wound, that no one can find - it makes me think maybe, him and Peanut might have gotten into it. I was 99.5% sure Peanut's was just some injury or unknown origin infection - now I'm left to wonder. Guess I need to get them back into a DCN, but I cannot continue intros with Clark right now with them all being sick/injured...

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!!

He popped his head out tonight to show me this !!! He hasn't missed any medication doses and it still doesn't smell!! I wonder if this is just a coincidence, but the same doctor that did Clark's neuter did this surgery!!!!

It still looks good. There was a terrible infection in that eye, just like Eli's.

Here's Eli (with glue) at about that stage

Elisinfectedeyesocketjun11.jpg~original

3 days later

EliJun14.jpg~original

That evening the scab lifted and this was underneath

Eliscabalmostoff2jun14eve.jpg~original

Poor boy had a big infection. All the swelling was a giant pus ball that they removed. Its now open again and he has been put into an e-collar I have been told. Will be getting more antibiotics along with an antibiotic shot.. Poor big man has lost around 50 grams too, but don't worry he's still in the 900s.

Back