FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in the pet store today I took a look at these FN's. Goooood lordy they're huge! I think I might skip on that particular model, lol, I don't know how I'll fit it in the elevator!

I was wondering though, for all of you who hang those exercise balls, what do you use? I bought one just today and can't wait to try it out. :)

If it's the big ball I use those metal shower hooks. The smaller I put a piece of rope, tie it than put the hook through the hoop.

bigwheel.jpg

Brilliant :) I thought I was seeing cable ties but wasn't sure. Thank you!

I bought the hamster ball which would fit one girl...should I have gone for the ferret size? :shock: That ball looks big, lol.

LOL! Okay definitely happy with my purchase. :D I better see some squishiness soon. After I get off my butt and hang it. But I sort of want to save it for the new cage so they can be super surprised. ;)

If only it weren't some weird ugly glow in the dark colour.

Here are pics of my double FN, where the young crew resides:
(and a sneaky Radar in the pic)

smDoubleFNwithaRadar.jpg

smDoubleFN.jpg

Coroplast (white plastic board) is an absolute life saver, it prevents the rats from climbing up.

Here is my single FN, holding the very precious, Bijou, Mister, Neela and Zane:

smSingleFN.jpg

they are only sold here as double level ones, however jo bought 3 doubles, left one as is, then made one with 3 levels and took off the stand, stacked two stands and just topped it off with a single level.

unglued said:
they are only sold here as double level ones, however jo bought 3 doubles, left one as is, then made one with 3 levels and took off the stand, stacked two stands and just topped it off with a single level.

That's right!
But I did see single FNs at Superpet in Mississauga.

I just reviewed all these amazing cages and I'm just dying to decorate mine! It's looking better already since I posted the initial, "OMG I built it and it stands!!" photo this afternoon. :lol:

Brie is loooving a Sephora box I put in there. It has little flaps at the top that don't come down all the way so it looks like a house...you'll see. ;)

Before I post photos I must get some proper fleece that colour coordinates and get rid of these rags! Oh, and fill it with their toys again, heh.

Good news as well. I walked over to their cage and started baby talking (you know how it goes) and the girls were pushing with all their might, arms waving out, trying to get to me and couldn't. YAY!

Edit: Also trying not to think of how many rats can comfortably fit in there. ; P

I finally broke down and putting HW cloth on the girls cage.

its a work in progress.... the top is totally done and under the top tray as well as the back on the bottom level. I still have the two sides, two doors, and under the tray on the bottom level to do.

e80a33be.jpg

e80428c7.jpg

e8042895.jpg

e804287b.jpg

e80428ad.jpg

I will update the photos when I get it finished.

Back