FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odyssey - I love how color-coordinated your FNs are!

Well, since most of you are also members of Goosemoose, this will probably just be a repeat post, but here are pictures of my double-wide FN from last night/this morning.

July26044.jpg

July26011.jpg

July26031.jpg

Sweet Russia in the Waffle Block house.

russiahouse.jpg

July26030.jpg

July26053.jpg

Maddie :heart:

July26013.jpg

I wish I had gotten more of this fabric :p

July26048.jpg

July26054.jpg

July26033.jpg

July26035.jpg

One of my favorite new hammies! I love this fabric.

July26039.jpg

This is a "pillow" I made by stuffing it with a whole bunch of random fabric/fleece scraps I found around my sewing table :) I will die happy if I find one of the ratties sleeping on it.

July26037.jpg

July26036.jpg

Oh, and just for fun, this picture's from a few days ago. It shows all the ratties (sans Maddie & Faroe) at dinnertime :) Don't you just love how your rats have to fling their dinner (especially veggies) all over the place?

alleleven.jpg

What a treat!
SoA, I just can't get enough of your cage pics. It's the absolute paradise for ratties.
I was doing good... now I'm back to being tempted to creating a masterpiece like yours.

*takes notes*

Absolutely wonderful!

PS, how how old were your female rats when you put them in the FN? I just want to make sure mine don't escape if I put them in too early.

WARNING: Yesterday, during out time of the big crew, I looked up into the "old guys" cage and who do I see in there? My Simon! :shock: He's 380 grams but determined to lap up the old guys' baby cereal.
So... be warned, even the adult males if small enough will get through.
But what I have noticed, my rats will only force themselves out if they have a huge motivation (food, sex) luckily, all my girls are spayed. (phew)

Man those FN cages are huge!
I'm thinking the solution to my cages-taking-over-my-apartment problem is just to buy a FN cage and move my apartment into it :bliss:

What a great chance to see people's babies (those of you that dared to put the kids back before you took pictures of tidy cages) :lol:

Fidget, that's too funny... and doable! lol
The other day, I was lying on the floor with my upper body in the cage. lol
Of course the cage was just cleaned. :wink:

Here's a pic of my triple FN:

tripleFN.jpg

Oh Jo! I noticed you have the little ferret tube with holes (carpet lined one). How do the rats like it? We've been looking at it at Petsmart. We bought a little ferret playhouse for $15 on sale, it's so cute :D

The ferret condo was an instant hit. Especially for the shy ones. They would run to it and poke their heads out. It's also easy enough to clean. I took it outside and scrubbed it down with an Oxy cleaner and a brush, then let it dry in the sun.

That's good to know! :thumbup: The store closest to us doesn't have any in stock, so were going to have to go find it in another store. I can't wait to let my girls play in it.

It's carpet, ratties love it cause they have a good grip when climbing it. My young boys can climb the side of it like spider man. :shock:

I just noticed the little blue guy in the bottom cage on the second shelf. He looks sooooo cute standing there with his big dumbo ears.

I'm sure their paws much prefer carpet over anything :) Do you just buy a large...er...sheet then cut it up to fit?

Bronwyn said:
I'm sure their paws much prefer carpet over anything :) Do you just buy a large...er...sheet then cut it up to fit?

Ooops! I thought you were asking what was the lining on the ferret condo. lol

The lining in my cages it's all fleece.

Back