ZGT or suspicious abscess?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we did a FNA and his mass is full of blood. I booked a surgery for thursday to see if she can get it out (unless that would be a bad idea?).

Looks like girls are out of the cards for me this summer... So much for my tax return :p

Well we did a FNA and his mass is full of blood. I booked a surgery for thursday to see if she can get it out (unless that would be a bad idea?).

Looks like girls are out of the cards for me this summer... So much for my tax return :p

Hmmm she might want to drain it with a needle rather than lance it and possibly cause too much bleeding.

Your poor lad. :(

It could be much better in the end than a ZGT though :)

Just dropped him off and asked the questions that I couldn't monday because I needed to run right after to study. It is for sure a mass, and shes confident she can remove it (and has removed several successfully from that area). Shes going to do hidden stitches so he doesn't chew them and he is getting sub-q fluids for the surgery, antibiotics and pain meds for after. He is first up this morning too.

I feel a lot better about surgery than on monday, especially because he is just one. Wish him luck!

He is back and doing well :) Still tired, but he ate a lot and had some water. The vet wasn't there when I picked him up but I should be getting an email in the next few days about what she found in his cheek. His incisions look nice (I had a small abscess taken off his scrotum too, instead of waiting for later).

They even gave me his meds in individual syringes :p I would say I really liked the clinic, its a bit silly that I had to pay for another exam today for surgery after I just went in monday but that is really my only complaint.

Now I just have to wait and see what the email says and hope that he heals nicely and it doesn't come back

He is back and doing well :) Still tired, but he ate a lot and had some water. The vet wasn't there when I picked him up but I should be getting an email in the next few days about what she found in his cheek. His incisions look nice (I had a small abscess taken off his scrotum too, instead of waiting for later).

They even gave me his meds in individual syringes :p I would say I really liked the clinic, its a bit silly that I had to pay for another exam today for surgery after I just went in monday but that is really my only complaint.

Now I just have to wait and see what the email says and hope that he heals nicely and it doesn't come back

Ohh take pics so we can see their work?

I posted pics of my girlies tumour removal before and afters...its always good to see for people :D

He wouldn't let me get a good picture of his scrotum but here is his face, it was done yesterday morning and has hidden stitches so that he couldn't chew it (though I can't stop him from rubbing it sigh). The second photo was just at the end of march so you can see the difference in the sides of his face.

He has been great about his meds XD I mix it with ice cream or melted peanut butter and he tried to pull my finger into his hospital cage with the meds on it. That and their DCN is getting here sunday!! Does anyone have tips for making liners?

Yep! She works monday-thursday so I figure I can call on tuesday if I don't have it by then but the clinic itself is open seven days a week :)

I think silver is much happier with that off his face and being back in with his friends :D

Back