Zeta: Aug 2013 to Jan 8, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Zeta seemed off, but I couldn't pinpoint any specific symptoms. She was closely bonded to Leto, though, and she must have missed her over the last few days. I found her dead at the front of the cage tonight. She was a sister to Emma, who had a similar sudden death a week ago. Now only Evie (my avatar ratty) remains from the group of four girls that NinjaRatMama picked up from a snake owner.

Zeta was a lovely black hoodie.
7a4azyja.jpg

She was always a timid girl, but very sweet.

I feel so sad, losing three of that little group in one week. My only consolation is that she had a nice out time on Monday and that she enjoyed her veggies last night. Her paws weren't clubbing, and she wasn't confused, so I can only conclude that she and Emma had a sudden heart failure or fatal stroke.

RIP, dear Zeta, and run with your little friend Leto again..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear you lost Zeta today! :( I can't even imagine losing 3 ratties in 1 week, let alone 3 of the girls that you adopted together. :hugs: Poor Evie will be lonely. I'm sure she's got other friends to cuddle with though, yes? Anyway, RIP Zeta... my little, shy zombie girl. Be with your sister Emma & your adopted sister Leto. :heart:

Evie does have her cagemates Jenny and Anna. Evie looked distressed, and she was standing by Zeta's body, but she seemed calmer after my husband patted her. He has a calming touch. She's eating now, and I will give her a cuddle.

Goodness, what a week you and Evie have had. She must feel just as bad as you, losing all three sisters. It's nice your husband has a connection with her. The cage must seem so empty now!

There's nothing worse than losing them all so close together. :(

Big hugs for you, your husband and all the ratties that are left. x

Thanks. The cage feels empty without all the girls. I knew that this winter would be tough, but I didn't think I would lose so many before January. And I was not expecting to lose Katie for another year or so.

Back