Zapatta- Rest In Peace <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exodog

It's been a while since I've been on here. Unfortunately, it's not all great news. Everyone is doing pretty well, but Zapatta has become a little more tilty, but is coping well. I had her in to the vet to investigate a small lump in her abdomen, which very quickly turned into a large lump in her abdomen. The mass feels like a few separate sections grouped together, and as I feared, it's inoperable. She's been put on Metacam to help manage any discomfort, but I just wanted to know if there's anything that anyone can think of that I could do to make her life a little extra luxurious right now. I just want to make sure she's happy and comfortable all the while. She's my heart rat <3

I hope so as well. She's very good about taking her doses, and my house-mate is fantastic with helping me get her doses to her when I'm away.

I'm a little concerned, as Dipoiios has become quite a little piggy lately, and tries to steal everyone's food all of the time. Since Zapatta is a bit weaker from being ill, do you think something like ensure would help her with strength/making sure she's getting all of her nutrients?
Opinions?

Back.
It appears as though the suspicion about it being a uterine tumour have been confirmed =[
Dr. Harris sent us home, as Zapatta was whizzing around the table once we got to the vet -.-;
He said that there's nothing that can really be done but to watch her carefully in case it happens again, and continue metacam management for pain.

I'm starting her on Oxbow Critical Care formula mixed with her regular food so that she can have a little extra nutrition and maybe put on a few grams.

I use Ensure whenever a kid is in need of extra nutrients. The best medicine I know (for the spirit, not the body) is a chocolate chip :D There comes a time when I don't even worry about rationing. Enjoy the time you have together.

Thanks Fidget. I'm going to try the grocery near my house for Ensure tonight, and if they don't have it I'll pop by Metro tomorrow.
Chocolate chips were actually being doled out when I noticed the discharge, strangely enough.

Zapatta's doing well! I'm picking up some more Metacam tomorrow afternoon, and she's absolutely loving the Oxbow Critical Care I've been giving her a few times a day. Her mass is, unfortunately, larger, but she is still active and eating, and runs around like the crazy little old lady she is when I let her romp.
I just snagged these shots of her; pretty well sums up her feelings for the Oxbow that's in the mug. :heart:
IMG_9288.jpg

IMG_9287-1.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

Zapatta took a tumble from a hammock this morning. I was holding her after she fell, and crying. Even in pain, and her condition, she licked my tears away and stopped squirming when I gave her kisses. This is why she's my heart rat; even in such a state, she still cares more about me. Her motor functions are suffering some, and she's bruxing a lot. I think she may have to be helped to the bridge tonight, because I know now she will fight until she has nothing left to give. I booked a 5pm appointment, and we'll see if anything improves before then. Till then, she got a boost of metacam, lots of love, and extra blankies.
Please send healing vibes to my little girl.

Back