Yuck... Backyard breeders who cant evin spel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i knoe what im doing and yes they were bred on purpose.
i didnt purposly breed my rat just so u know

Soooooooo, what exactly happened? Or was she just saying she did it on purpose in the first email to impress Shelagh and her great big snooty "Fancy" rat breeding operation?

You have the patience of a saint. I know you are doing the right thing by trying to win these people over one idjit at a time, but :gaah: it would feel so much better to smack them.

I had 2 send a spicail email to her to.

Please do not breed your rats.....There are hundreds in your area that don't have homes. In the past year alone, I have brought in 10+ rats from Animal Care and Control so they didn't get euthanized because people sell rats for dirt cheap and once the person gets bored of the rat, or the rat gets sick it gets tossed outside and ends up on my doorstep. Please rethink what you're doing here. There are alread a lot of needy rats out there. There is no need to make more.

Breeding since she was 6?????? I could barely tie my shoe laces at 6, never mind breed anything! :(

boy + girl = babies...anyone can figure that out but :gaah: just because you know that, doesn't mean you know about breeding... temperament, health, knowing what's in the lines etc. I especially hate those kijiji ads of people looking for some mutt to mate with their mutt.

i have a bred them since i was 6.

Assuming this translates to "I have been breeding rats since I was six." Perhaps some day she will understand that there is a difference studying genetics and breeding for specific traits and letting two pets have-at-er.

One of these can only be accomplished after a significant amount of money and research, the other can indeed be managed by anyone including an unsupervised 6 year old.

She has been breeding since she was 6???????? Did I understand this correctly??? I think that is one of the worst ads I have seen yet, and in the US on Craig's List we have "sum reel dummies"" :nod:

Is it "tonight" yet?!?!?
The stupidity of people always amazes me :D ESPECIALLY when it comes to spelling and grammar. I may not be 100% myself, but I know how to form sentences. I cant wait to see what monstrosities are next both grammatically and ethically!

I decided to continue to attempt education...

Sorry I was fighting for baby's life last night, steaming her in the bathroom, holding her while she struggled. I think she's a bit better but she keeps doing these ups and downs so I don't hold my breath anymore.

You really shouldn't let Chess play with your banded boy, takes seconds and you have yet another litter on the way.

I am actually conversing right now with a family in Hamilton (kijiji), whose son decided to let their male play with their female (for the 2nd time) and there's a litter of 10 babies looking for homes now. The icky part of it is that these babies are 7 weeks 3 days old, and NOT separated, so I am pretty sure some of those babies will be having their own babies, and all those babies will get trucked off to Big Al's as feeder rats. :/ I might have to take in more pregger rats...sigh.

the latest response...I honestly have no clue what to say anymore...

uhm just so u know . many pet owners wont buy them if i tell them the male is unknown. the dad is most liekely in a snakes belly. i bought chess from the reptile store. alredy pregnant. bcuz i only had her for 2 weeks b4 babies arrived. and yeah i saw that ad. i agree; i alwaiz separate them at 5 weeks old. i cannot bare to see young ones having young ones. ppl dont understand how painful that is.

Ok so she really needs to stop changing her story. First she intentionally bred them, now she took in a pregnant rat from a feeder bin. I definitely think her first story is the true one and now she's just trying to cover herself up....

shes jut neds to stop talkin

lilratsy43 said:
Ok so she really needs to stop changing her story. First she intentionally bred them, now she took in a pregnant rat from a feeder bin. I definitely think her first story is the true one and now she's just trying to cover herself up....

shes jut neds to stop talkin

Or admit the truth and open herself up so that she might actually LEARN something!

I decided to shoot her an e-mail. It's bad enough that Hamilton has that shameful "Rats town rattery" or whatever. It doesn't need some irresponsible parents letting their irresponsible child breed and sell living creatures. :redhot: :redhot:

If my suspicions are correct, you didn't "save" Chess.. You betrayed her trust and the trust of every rat that you've bred and sold. A rat doesn't have to wheeze and convulse to be ill, a tumor could be slowly putting pressure on their internal organs or brain. Weak immune systems, bad teeth, aggression, cancer, and other disadvantages can be passed on genetically.

Unfortunately, rescues don't have enough room or money to care for every abused, sick, abandoned rat in need. Sometimes a human has been too careless and lives are still lost.. Please rethink breeding any type of animal, there are too many homeless creatures already.

Humans are a pathetic species for the most part - they get rid of a dog to have a cat or throw out a hamster for a rat; can you be sure the babies you breed will never feel pain?

Back