Your Rat's Nicknames.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you find your nicknames?

• I don't have any

• Normal

• Cutesy

• Nonsensical

• Aren't Even Real Words

• Pure Baby-Gibberish

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheHermit

How many do you have/have had over the years and how outrageous have they been?
Off the top of my head:
Trooper, soldier, bubberwub, wubber, wubbertubby, bumbles, bumbler, squeaker, goof, goofball, lovebug, lovebucket, scaredy-rat, ending all their names with a "erz" (Lillerz, Pennerz, Maggerz), thief, trouble, ratmat, shnuggles (Alex's for Maria... who we can't even pick up. LOL), bubs, and... that's about it so far.

i seem to add poo and boo

bindi-boo

pika-poo

dopey was dope, dope, dopers..

Bartholomew is bartimus or bart...only because i hate the name bartholomew, daughter picked it.

some of my boys names are shortened,
Sendai I call senny
Sebastian we call sebby,
templeton gets tempy
Algernon, i call him Al or aligator lol

some think their name is no, so I guess No is a nickname since they wont stop chewing on my desk.

Sly is called slyboy and Marks is called old man.

That last one isn't fair though because his brother is the same age but Marks just looks like older cause he's turning gray.

My dad calls possum many names: poopers, big boy. wiggle worm and a bunch of just nonsense words that make no sense.

I just find myself adding an '-ie' to the end of names that don't have them - so Roland became Rollie - and '-ling' to the end of names that already end in -ie sounds - so Kiki and Archie are usually Keekling and Archling. That sounds very odd now I've written it down... I used to call Agnes my little Aglet a lot, too.

Mine usually just happen and it stickes.

Sprocket is sprocketman or sprocketmania

Icarus is muddbutt (he is a Siamese)

Smeagol is smeagoly or Smeagol meagol

Then we have group names : "the monsters" " the munchkins" " the babies" "the rascals"

Generic names are monkey, love bug, bugger, pita or whatever else is splurged out.

The more gibbreshy I can get, the better! I speak Polish at my house, so they come in two languages. (Ha, ha)
Sometimes I also alter "Rat", like Ratty-Tat-Tatty, or Ratty-Schammty, instead of the name.

Nonsensical...Dobby is dobbs,dobber, gramps since he's pushin' 4 and is starting to look every bit his age. Teagan is usally Teetee and Safina is Saffy. Geronimo is Gerger, gman or just g. And Gimli is little man, baby,sweet-p, Gims and Gimmers.

I find myself calling them by their nickname more then their name, its bad I know.
I have:
Aili is lily
Kaina is kai-kai
Jade is jijy
Isy is sisy
Kali is kaka
and Leya is lele but mostly Leya for now cause she is my most trouble maker and she should learn her name and what no means before getting a nickname and just that Leya is a hard name to come up with a nickname for.

Oh, the sillier the better around here. The silliest is my boy, Smudge who I call "Smudgie Wudgie Puddin' and Pie". Stuart is affectionately known as "My big man." My son calls him "Stuie Wooie" The girls are generally called "scalliwags - because that's exactly what they are :giggle: ) When I'm annoyed with them or just want their attention, I call them "Missy Moo"

Mine are usually kinda silly. Dakota's nickname is Mama, because she had a litter at my house & that's what I called her.

Bert is "Berty Bert Bert" lol
Jack is just Jackie, so that's normal. Charlie I call Charlie Brown sometimes, Brooklyn is Brookie, Desmond is Dez or Dezzy.

And for the group as a whole I'll call them "rattie tat tats" or "rattie tat tatters" or any variation of those! lol

And any rat in general is a "bugger" :giggle:

NinjaRatMama said:
Mine are usually kinda silly. Dakota's nickname is Mama, because she had a litter at my house & that's what I called her.

Bert is "Berty Bert Bert" lol
Jack is just Jackie, so that's normal. Charlie I call Charlie Brown sometimes, Brooklyn is Brookie, Desmond is Dez or Dezzy.

And for the group as a whole I'll call them "rattie tat tats" or "rattie tat tatters" or any variation of those! lol

And any rat in general is a "bugger" :giggle:

They're all little buggers to me too. :thumbup:

Awe all these names are cute! Good to know I'm not the only one that completely deviates from their actual name...
"Wubbertubby"... I'm sorry, Edward.

When refering to someone specific, mine tend to be some twist to their original name:

Rufus = Roofie
Japser = Jazzman
Missy = Missy-wissy
Sophie = Soph
Millie = Mille-nilly

In general, they're my little: squeakers, honey-bears, snuggly-wugglies ... ad nauseum ...

They are all goobers or stinkers.

Half my boy's names are nicknames from the full thing.

- Champagne & Caviar are Cham & Cav...and they are also the reason I advise everyone against naming anything late at night. :p
- Shen is short for Shenanigans and I often call him embarrassing things like Shenra or birthday-suit-boy.
- Xin gets called Xinnian. (Xin was going to be Mischief, Chief for short but my bf said no.)
- Ray is often called Ray-Ray.

Harrison is baby boy-Harry
Badger - little man
Nukkie- dont have one yet
Max- Maxie
Jones-lucky
Sparky- grumpy
Skittle- dont have one yet

The problem is sometimes nicknames stick... one of my boys is called Buckie after my sister decided to call him that as a joke lol.
We also had a girl called Binky and another girl called Hippo.

Back