Your rats name , meaning?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewa

I saw a post about rats names and what they were . I was interested in seeing why you chose some of those names. You do not have to put all of them but at least some would be interesting to hear :D

Mine is Sophee , named after the lead girl in the movie "Howls Moving Castle"
And Sasha , my sister named her after the little mouse in Fifel. (I don't know if i spelled that right , the movie about the mouses moving to America!)

If you want you can add other pets in the mix , like I also have a cat named Chihiro , named after the lead girl in "Spirited Away"

All ours kids were named after Tv shows or movies. Like Janeway is named after Captain Kathryn Janeway from Star Trek Voyager and Tiberius is names after Captain James Tiberius Kirk Captain of the Enterprise. Zenna's name is Slavic. Her full name is Zenevieva which means White Wave in Slavic. She's a Himi so it kinda fit her.

Hugo is my mum's grandfather (she named him)

Rufus(Shinra) are after the Final Fantasy character and Mako, the substance Shin-Ra SOLDIERs are exposed to to heighten their abilities.

Seamus after my Uni friend's grandfather (plus it's an awesome name)

Marsh(Child) after my OH's illustrated character. I technically came up with it actually, I called him a Marsh-child because he once ran along a muddy riverbank to come and get me from the train station, when he could've easily taken the footpath XD

My current group, there's not much behind their names except for a couple that are named for someone special in my life, like Nessie, Sheela and Sara, Anna.
The new ratties coming to me, three are named after my fav Lost characters, Sawyer, Desmond and Benjamin.
A couple of others that have passed, Radar, cause I always said he flew under the radar, everyone thought he was a girl. lol. Then there was Treat. He was my treat... a rex black bareback.

Two words: Katherine Heigl. All my names can be linked back to her except Lissy and Charlie. But I bet I could do it if I really tried. :p Most are character names (Izzie, Janie, Isobel, Romy, Laura). Some are character nicknames or their last names (Cricket, Davis). A few are the names of people she's worked with (Iris, Seth Rogen), or related characters (Denni, Harlow).

Lissy was named Lissy because her name was originally Lizzy, and I kept lapsing into Lissy after I suggested it for a name for one of her babies, but realized it sounded too much like Lizzy. So Lizzy got the name Lissy. :p

Charlie got his name from my second favorite TV show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My favorite character on there is Charlie. Like Charlie the rat, he cannot read or write, so I figured it worked out. Plus he simply looks like a Charlie. Oh hey, I can too connect his name to KH. Really Old Guy on Grey's Anatomy, his name was Charlie. BOO YAH. But I didn't think about that until now. He's still so named after Charlie from IASP.

My dog Karly also has a Katherine Heigl name, and so does my bunny Mary Jane, loosely, though. Teehee.

BFR=Big freaking rat(my boyfriend named him)
tempelton= charlottes web
rosie-her red eyes
midgie-have no idea my nephew named her
elvis=my sis in law named her

loppy-he's a lop eared bunny
emma-had the name when i got her

thats it till i start to name my babies.

Argent said:
Hugo is my mum's grandfather (she named him)

Rufus(Shinra) are after the Final Fantasy character and Mako, the substance Shin-Ra SOLDIERs are exposed to to heighten their abilities.

Yes! I love final Fantasy!

Mizu means water in japanese
Zumi is Mizu backwards because she has the same personnality and color as Mizu
Azury - Azure, because she's a hooded blue
Yuki means snow in japanese because she's the first rat with white on her that I had
Cookie-Rogue just because most rats steal my cookies or try to. And she looked like a sweet rat but with an evil mind! And I was right, she's the most rebel of the family.
Kamchie, just because, Kamchie. I thought i sounded nice. It's a Korean meal.

My boys (black berk) Coal cause he's black and a dirty boy :D and Chimo (PEW) because my bf is from a town where the mascot is a big polar bear named Chimo which is a word of greeting, farewell, and toast once widely spoken in the Inuktitut language in northern Canada :D

I like this name thing...

My white rat (i think Siamese rat) I named popcorn or "pop" becuase the first night in their new home she was on my lap and we (my boyfriend and I) were eating popcorn and she slowly snuck up to the bowl and stole a piece of popcorn, then ran to hide.

Coco is my brown one... and well chocolate is brown... so is coco... Figured since her sster was named after food, might as well continue the pattern :)

(I dont know what their marking are actually called so excuse the generalizations on their markings :) )

Im not very imaginative when it comes to naming animals lol. After having Harvery (no reason for the name, just one my mum picked) i decided id like to stick to more human-like names. Sid (Sidian - Obsidian, which is a black stone... but Sid is grey (actually russian blue, but they look more grey than other blues), so hes not a full Obsidian hehe) because i can ^^ and Patrick, because he is a mis-marked Irish ^^

I have named mine mostly after family members, friends, and musicians. Charlene was named after a character played by Queen Latifah in a movie whose name I forget. Janie just looked like a Janie to me.

Marbles - because my boy friend said her head markings looked like Marble cake.. :roll:
Hershey - because on her way home, she gave me about a million and a half kisses.
Kylee - because my boyfriend stole her previous name (Splinter) for one of his boys.
Chloe and Mia - because they just looked like a Chloe and a Mia. :lol:

And my boyfriend named all the boys after rodent characters in his favorite tv shows growing up...

Throttle (Biker Mice from Mars)
Rattrap (Beast Wars: Transformers)
Splinter (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Godmother said:
I have named mine mostly after family members, friends, and musicians. Charlene was named after a character played by Queen Latifah in a movie whose name I forget. Janie just looked like a Janie to me.

I think the movie was called Bringing Down the House, and it had Steve Martin in....I think-or maybe some other older handsome actor.

Ari, Shota en Dembélé had their names after 3 players/people of AZ (soccergroup from Alkmaar, the rats came from a village near by Alkmaar and my daughter said they had to names after AZ people) :D

Jumanji a film of Robin Williams
Kareshi means friend
Jabulani means happiness
Petit Gourou is the little kangooroo from Winnie the Pooh and than the name in french
Royale Must Ky-Mani a combination of things. Royale because he comes out of a icelitter. Must because his mothers name begin with Must and Ky-Mani is a jamaican singer and the father of the litter his name is jamaican dream.

Herefore I had a group of rats which had names of horses
And before that were groups of a lots of names

Back