Your Firsts

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausage4ever

I was cleaning out my closet (Eminem anyone?) and found a picture I forgot I even took.

SashaJazz0001.jpg

It's a picture of my very first rats, Sasha (sausage) and Jasmine. It was taken in 2003.
I haven't had females since then, but you never forget your first!

Does anyone else have pictures of their very first rats?
You don't need to say the year the picture was taken in case you don't want to sound old. :D

Yup my first rat was Widgie and Spinach... then we got Pickle for Widgie since he was a boy. Then Spinach got Sweet Pea.
Heres Spinach and Sweet Pea
firstsniff.jpg

Pickle
PickleHiMom.jpg

And for some reason I can't find a picture of Widgie without blood at the moment.
I lied, found Widgie and my first picture together
widgie2.jpg

Widgie4.jpg

And Widgie and Pickle
WidgiePickle.jpg

I miss my firsties!

AthenaMemorial.jpg

The only pictures I have of my Athena...never had the chance to get one of Squeakers, although I got them at the same time (Squeakers died very young of unknown causes about two months after I brought her home. Athena, meanwhile, lived a nice long life, although never took another cagemate).

The rat that started it all for me is Jazz:
DSCF2983.jpg

Only three years ago, besides Maggie all of the rats that I consider my first are still around, which are basically the rats that lived with Jazz.

Wonderful!! I love seeing the rats that got us all hooked.

Mine were Ben (black hooded) Russo (fawn hooded) Charlie Sox (black berk) and Ira (beige self)...back in January of 2002.
Here are four wet little boys... after their bath.

Boxorats2002.jpg

Our first 4 beloved girls came from petstores (before we knew better). First was Mousie. Luckily I found the rat boards that same day and realized I made a grave error, not getting her a friend. So we went back for Maggie, three days later. Ellie and Bailey joined us 3 months after that. It all started with these 4. What wonderful little angels they were.

Mousie:
Mousie1.jpg

Maggie:
Mags1.jpg

Ellie:
Ellie1.jpg

Bailey:
Bailey1.jpg

first4girls.jpg

First4girls2.jpg

:sad3: I sure do miss them! :sad3:

My first rat was Bob.
He was awesome, and I miss him so much.

I have pictures of him, but they're not transferred over yet ( new computer)

But I'll post as soon as I get the pictures on.

He was one hansom boy.

Here's my first two. Pinky and the Brain (go figure). I got them from someone at school, she had rescued them from being PTS the year before (thats how they clean out the animals at the end of the year).
100_0106.jpg

100_0110.jpg

i realllly wish that i had a picture of my frist rat but it was back in the 1990s and my mom hated me using her camera, the reason being is that i would use up her film taking animal photos :giggle:

pocket was my first rat back in 2003 and she taught me a lot about rats and how they should be cared for. i've had to say goodbye to many rats since then and each passing hurt but i don't think i've cried so much since i lost my pocket. she taught me the value of rat friends, the need for vet cans and the strength of rats and their love. if i had known better i may of even had her longer, but i know better now and its thanks to her. the little dark rat that no one wanted from her litter.

pocket002.jpg

Nezumi was my first rescue. she had survived so much and was able to forgive it all though she never forgot it. she taught me how deep of heart and trust and courage rats can be and got me started on really rescuing, though it was still a few years later before i got quite as involved.

Nazumi003.jpg

i got nezumi near the end of pocket's life. they were a match made in heaven. pocket tended to nez's wounded heart and soul and nez cared for pocket's failing body. i learned about a rat's compassion through them.

pocketnazumi002.jpg

My first rat was a little girl named Ernie. I got her when I was 12 and I had no clue that anything I was doing was wrong. I bet you can find at least... oh 4 things wrong (most deadly wrong) in the one picture alone.

DSC00012.jpg

It just goes to show how IMPORTANT research is and how important it is that we are always learning about the care of our pets. I literally cringe every time I think of how Ernie's life was.

My first "official" pair were Hendrix and Sambora.

Sam
SamFeb5.jpg

Sam and Hendrix, and one of the rats I'd gotten after them, Chad.
DSC00056.jpg

Rattiesinewncage.jpg

Hendrix
511655c4.jpg

whatdwedo.jpg

Gloria (black and white hooded) and Templeton (agouti) were my firsts. Templeton died in my arms at about 8mths of age and Gloria died when she was 2. I miss them a lot. They were sure mama's girls.

Milo and Jake were my first rats or rather my daughters rats :wink2:
Milo would do anything for her
Milo.jpg

and Jake liked to sleep
Jake.jpg

:)

Back