young rats in Orillia

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maladie

Hi Folks!

Hope everyone's had a good holiday. I know I haven't been on the forums here for some time, but I certainly have been busy with my rats and helping with others :) I've been taking in or fostering the odd rat over the year, but my house is pretty full, so as far as doing any major rescue work I've been limited.

However, holidays always seem to bring babies in need, and this one has been no different. Despite my avoiding kijiji and other rescue threads... so that I don't get broken hearted when I can't help someone... there has been a situation brought to my attention last week. These rats were to be given away as food or even worse, abandoned. By the time the "person" who had them allowed me to come get them, which was last night, they were crammed in boxes and covered in their own urine and feces, freezing and frightened beyond belief. I brought them home and cleaned them up, they're now in clean temporary cages with fresh food and water, and enjoying the peaceful time together. They had been separated by gender and I am almost entirely sure that no females are pregnant. They are very young, about 10 weeks.

I've found great homes for some of these babies, and I may be able to get help from some other rescuers in Ontario. But if anyone here would like to consider taking in some of these lovely little angels that would be fantastic! They're a little skiddish, but they're young and pretty curious, and I've been handing out treats and cuddles pretty much nonstop, they've definitely become more interested in me just since last night. It's amazing how when you take animals out of a horrible situation and show them just a little bit of love, how quickly they open up and give you love back, and show the contentment of knowing their life is no longer in danger.

They are all standard coat, top ear rats. They're very beautiful and sweet, some of them even are starting to come for giving kisses or exploring my sweater. I know they'll make amazing companions. I would like them to go in groups of at least 3 same gender, this is to ensure that they have a long life with siblings, in case one does not live as long, there will still be 2 keeping each other company. I have a short question and interview process for any potential adopters, just to get to know you and so you can know me, and ensure that you're prepared for these little dudes and that you know I'll help you any way possible throughout their lives. I'm willing to bring them pretty much anywhere in Ontario, but as much as anyone could come towards Orillia to meet me it would be appreciated. I will be taking several to new homes near Toronto in about a week, so if anyone is in that area and wants to coordinate, that could work well. I do appreciate any donations, as I invest a lot of my time and resources in protecting and providing for these kiddos, but there is no set fee.

Thanks so much for considering helping us! We really appreciate it and look forward to talking with y'all soon!

<3 ~L

28lalhy.jpg

Back