Young Neutered Male Lop For Adoption, Woodstock, ON

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayla

Our last foster dog was adopted a few weeks ago, and we are no longer able to take in foster dogs due to the stress it causes our oldest cat. Stray cats cause her stress too unfortunately, so we're taking a break from those as well. (She gets sick with stress) We now have space, time and money for other rescues, so we've decided to help small animals where we can.
This past weekend we took in another unwanted bunny. He is only 7 months old and he is fairly fearful, nothing like the other bun we rescued a couple weeks ago.

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of him. (We had to give him a dish of water for the first day because the brand new water bottle I bought him leaked so bad it would be empty within minutes. :gaah: )

ratsandbunny045.jpg

ratsandbunny047.jpg

ratsandbunny050.jpg

We are keeping them separate in case both people lied about them as the older one is supposedly neutered and the younger one is supposedly an unaltered male. They get at least 6 hours of out time everyday, each in their own room, with the doors open as neither one of them wants to venture very far from their own space. I do keep watch just in case they get curious though. :wink2:

:happydance: Yay, I found a vet in town to neuter him. He's going for his pre-op exam this friday and he'll be neutered as soon as they can book him. :joy:

Don't worry, he only gets a few bites of banana at a time. :wink2:
ratsandbunny085.jpg

ratsandbunny086.jpg

Look at that, you are getting your bunnies! He is super adorable. I hope after his surgery he and the other little guy can become friends :cuddle:

what cutties, i love bunnies, but i dought ill ever have one, well unless i had the space for it lol. maybe ill jsut come over to your house lol

He is cute. I just couldn't get into a cavy/rabbit. I tried.

Anyway, this is a beautiful guy.

This poor little guy has infected lower gums. :sad3: He's on meds now twice a day for 21 days to try to clear it up. So....no neuter for this boy for at least 20 more days. :( The good news is that he's otherwise healthy. :bunnydance:

He doesn't have a name yet. I'm hoping the older and less adoptable buns will bond well after the female's spay, and this little guy will get adopted. (I guess the buns will ultimately decide who gets along with who though) He's such a nice boy, so after his neuter I shouldn't have trouble finding him a great home. He even likes his medicine. :joy: I forgot to mention earlier about the possiblity of him only having one dropped testicle. The vet has asked me to keep checking to see if I can find it, so every time I give him his meds I'm on the lookout. :oops:

Just a quick update: He's neutered and ready for adoption. :bunnydance: I'll post some more pictures of him soon. He is just over a year old and a sweet boy, but he's a little fearful, especially because I had to medicate him for so long. He prefers his people to be at his level, like most rabbits do. He does well on a leash and harness and he doesn't bite. I am looking for the best home possible for this little guy. (I'd prefer a home with rabbit experience and a female bunny to bond him with, but a home with lots of one on one and out time would be good too) I would also like to get a reasonable adoption donation which can be negotiated with potential adopters. (I've spent nearly $400 on his vet bills alone, so I don't think around $100 is unreasonable, however a good home is my priority) He is used to eating about 2 cups of greens every day, along with unlimited hay, about half a cup of pellets and a small piece of fruit. He is quite active, as should be expected of such a young bun. He may require periodic- regular teeth trimming due to the lower gum infection he had when we rescued him. He comes with his Vet records, a leash and harness, a bag pellets, his favourite toys and blankets and a litter box if needed. He uses yesterday's news litter, but he doesn't mind wood stove pellets/ horse bedding as litter either.

If you have any questions about him, please feel free to post them here or pm me. I'll have a short but sweet adoption application/ contract in one regarding general care.

Thanks

I've read somewhere that rabbit rescues only charge an adoption fee of $60, so I am lowering my expected adoption fee to correspond with that.

Back