Young Girlies from HAC!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

The story starts here

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29139

But since Jenny is sooo busy with the babies (its hilarious, almost all her texts to me start with "babies..." :giggle:)

She got some initial pics of the little ladies, and she is doing daily weigh-ins for pregnancy watch of course since the ladies were dumped at the shelter in a purple bottom Super Pet My First Home for Rats, with 3 inches of filth in the bottom. In this small cage was 14 rats, well there was 15 but one had to be found and brought back as she had somehow escaped into the glovebox (I wonder which of my girls this one is?). This was the 5 little ladies, 6 adult boys, the 3 tiny babies not surrendered with their mom, and the 4 week old baby boy.

So with no further ado...The Young Girlies!

The agouti hoodie - very shy initially - weighs 146 grams

DSC_0605_zps7f23f29f.jpg

The black hoodie with the thin stripe - weighs 206 grams

DSC_0599_zps0b6a55f3.jpg

The black hoodie with the wide stripe or possibly a black variberk - Incrediby frightened, screams when touched/held and doesn't stop. You only get to see her pretty back here :p Weighs 140 grams

DSC_0616_zps26dd1f15.jpg

The agouti berkshire - weighs 228 grams

DSC_0600_zps3a59c380.jpg

and the agouti variberk - weighs 138 grams

DSC_0603_zps07f60e4c.jpg

Last edited:
After much poking and prodding, Jenny took a few pics for me of the little Ladies. In the cage without those frightening hands too close :p

The elusive agouti hoodie

FEb1414Hamiltongirls5.jpg~original

Feb1414agoutihoodie.jpg~original

Here she is behind Dale...yes I know its hard to focus on anything but him...he's freaking adorable!!!!

FEb1414Daleandagoutihoodie.jpg~original

The agouti variberk is the brave one. :)

Feb1414Hamiltongirls3.jpg~original

The Rest of the Girls :D

FEb1414Hamiltongirls2.jpg~original

The Big Thirst hits at the same time :lol:

FEb1414Hamiltongirls1.jpg~original

Feb1414Hamiltongirls4.jpg~original

They are all so cute and beautiful/handsome! Funny how they all get thirsty at the same time. ♥ the wide striped one and that little one she is snuggling....

Funny thing is that there is a second water bottle (that does work) but they all crowd around the smallest one and use it together >.<

My cages all have 2 water bottles too, but there is always a line for one. My destructo seven actually line up after they have out time to use one water bottle.

I finally pried away Jenny from the hypnosis of the babies...we got pics of the little ladies, and we just named them...they now have icelandic names, all within the Shelagh Rules of 2 syllables or less :giggle:

agouti berk - Inga ("foremost one")
agouti variberk - Saga ("the seeing one")
agouti hoodie - Svana ("swan"
black hoodie - Pala ("small)
black variberk - Maeja ("mother")

The agouti girls Inga, Maeja and Svana

feb1514agoutigals.jpg~original

Inga
Feb1514agoutiberk2.jpg~original

Feb1514agoutiberk.jpg~original

Saga

Feb1514agoutivberk.jpg~original

Her belly
FEb1514agoutivberkbellyband.jpg~original

Svana

FEb1514agoutihoodie3.jpg~original

FEb1514agoutihoodie.jpg~original

Feb1514agoutihoodie2.jpg~original

Pala has almost no pics :p

FEb1514blackhamiltongirls.jpg~original

Maeja (named after her taking in and mothering little boy Dale)

feb1514blackvberkanddale2.jpg~original

feb1514blackvberkanddale.jpg~original

feb1514blackvberk3.jpg~original

feb1514blackvberk.jpg~original

Luckily they are all pretty healthy! Not a sniffle or anything from any of them. I examined them for scabs and for lice and found nothing. I'm surprised at how good their condition is. Their fur is nice and thick and shiny.
They no longer reek of disgusting cage either. The cage they were dumped in was the super pet purple bottom "my first home for rats" cage that had 2 inches of poop and dirty bedding in the bottom. This is why I'm so surprised that they are so healthy! Close together in a disgusting cage - 15 rats total in there... ick.

Oh my how precious are they :) I'm really happy they are all nice and healthy. I'm sure in time they will learn we only have love to give them :cheerful:

OK here we go. I call these girls "bon bons of joy", they are tiny and freaking cute with bright eyes and personalities.

Last night they were curious, but last night they must've had a Family Meeting to discuss the new situation and this morning they were sweet and adorable and friendly :)

This is what happens when you open the cage door while they are awake

Feb2314HACgals.jpg~original

Feb2214HACgirls.jpg~original

The agouti's

Feb2314HACagoutigirls.jpg~original

Saga belly! *poke*

Feb2214SagaBELLY.jpg~original

OK and onto the individual pics when I had them out on my desk...they are going to be serious troublemakers, very happy cute ones, so I shall forgive them everytime :cheeky:

The shyest girl Pala

Feb2314Pala.jpg~original

Feb2314Pala2.jpg~original

and from yesterday

Feb2214Pala2.jpg~original

Back