You Have to be Kidding?? (Absinthe) Skinny Now??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Today my sweet girl who used to bite me was extra cuddly...actually the entire crew was cuddly but content. I noticed Abby making gagging motions with her mouth, but she wasn't choking, so I gave her a feel over to see if I could figure anything out. Of course I find a mass in her belly...a large moveable mass deep inside. Her sides are a bit sunken in and in some pics you can see the protrusion. It looks like its up high and will be pressing on her stomach, lungs and heart, so I shall be watching for any serious discomfort. Gah! I thought she was about 8 months old...

jun18Absinthe3.jpg

Looks normal here right?
jun18Absinthe1.jpg

You can see it a little here
jun18Absinthe2.jpg

and the blurry discard pics show it best
jun18Absinthe5.jpg

jun18Absinthe4.jpg

jun18Absinthe7.jpg

jun18Absinthe6.jpg

Little Abby, my active little monkey slept with me last night (I passed out in the early evening by mistake). She made me cry a little when she climbed up and lay over my neck like Hope used to do. No other rat, of all my rats, has done that except Hope. My neck wasn't lonely for awhile. :heart:

Then she curled up on my stomach to sleep. I think she's hungry so I'll make up some baby cereal for her.

Just to show that even experienced owners are fooled. The lump disappeared from Absinthe and I am guessing she had some gas that night (not sure from what, so I am still keeping an eye on her) but there's no mass inside. :oops:

VERY happy I goofed on this one. I was planning on taking her to Munn...now that really would've been embarrassing! :laugh4:

I wish Absinthe would make up her mind, lumpy or skinny? I *think* its from her OCD wheel running and am wondering if I should take out the wheel for a day or so, then put it back for a day, and just keep alternating? Or add more supplements to her diet? All the others are normal shaped and very active so I think I shall start with supplementing. Not exactly sure how old Abby is, she was from feeder breeder stock.

She's now scrawny skinny, with a nipped in waist, but after palpation, etc she seems fine. She only weights 213 grams now.

Ugh.

aug28Absinthe.jpg

aug28Absinthe2.jpg

aug28Absinthe3.jpg

Back