yay! im modding my ferret nation today!!!! questions!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krobinson

Ok so I have decided im going to mod my ferret nation. Im going to be going to get my stuff this afternoon. Homedepot has hardware cloth for 19.99 for 36" x 5', and home hardware has wire cloth 24" x 5' for 7.09 and rona has 36" x 25' for 18.95 (wire mesh). I don't know which one to choose! can I get away with wire cloth, is it the same as hardware cloth? it looks the same! but its 27 gauge, can the ratties chew through that?
also, when I mod my cage, can I put my mouse sized ratties in it or are they too small still for a modded ferret nation?
im so excited!

I have never modified a FN so I am not sure but I know lots on here have so I am sure you will have lots of advice soon...also try doing a search on here for modifying Ferret Nations and I am sure you will find lots of tips....I think I would use the wire mesh instead of the cloth...I would think the rats could chew through the cloth....also rule of thumb is if the heads can fit through then so can the body....that will help you determine what size rats can go in after you wire it up.

something like that..im definitely not looking forwards to the cuts im gonna endure while putting it together :)

Back