YAY cage layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

I was going to purchase a FN and get it shipped here to NL, but my boyfriends father asked me what i wanted the cage to look like. So i drew him a quick sketch on microsoft paint. He looked at it for a quick second, and told me to draw up a sketch on paper with exact measurments, and he's going to build it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be:

5' Tall
4 1/2 ' Long
and 3' - 3 1/2' in Width

It's also going to be put on wheels so i can move it easily, and the entire front of the cage will be able to swing open for easy cleaning. Im so excited!!! Here's the sketch i did on paint
(the red are the levels, black are ladders, green circles are holes they have to climb through to get to the next level, the big blue box with circles in it is a two level hiding thing for cats, you know what i mean.. and the pink squares are going to be doors)

cagelayout.jpg

The wood shelves are going to have plastic wrapped over top of it, and over the plastic will be a double fleece liner.

He's building the frame out of wood, and we're not set on what kind of wire to use.
Anyone ever use chicken wire type stuff for a home-made cage?

i dunno about chicken wire but you really need to build the whole think out of laminated wood or get some "safe" wood and use a water proof non toxic liquid to cover it other wise it will eventually smell.

CAGE IS FINISHEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

It turned into two cages in one so that Hershey and the bubs can have a decent sized cage and also have Splinter and Marbles in there without having them pick at her.

The cage still has to be decorated, but at 1:00 this morning, i only wanted to sleep. XD

Almost Done! (Joey working on the sides)
Cage001.jpg

Splinter and Marbles section:
Cage014.jpg

Hershey and the babes area:
Cage013.jpg

Cage017.jpg

Cage016.jpg

Cage015.jpg

All together: (Door Open w/ Splinter sporting her new home)
Cage008.jpg

Back