WOWIE GEE! Hi there. :3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I'm (obviously) new here, and I go by Zoey. I happen to have two rats, Pepper and Alice, whom I love and cherish. It was them that motivated me to join, but on unfortunate circumstances. My dear Pepper has fallen ill, and I can't seem to find out what's the matter. :/ She also has some temperament issues... But that's probably because I got her at ten months, and she didn;t have proper handling at the store. She's a feisty one!
Anyway, It's a pleasure to meet you all. :3

Hi and welcome Zoey!!!
Sorry to hear about your rattie, Pepper being ill.
What is the issue?
Not eating?
Drinking?
Have you had your vet check her?
We would love to see pictures of your sweeties.
Let us know how Pepper is.

Thank you all! :D

As for pictures, I found one of the two of them together! :3
rattietotempole.jpg

That's Pepper on top of the Rattie Totem Pole there; and Alice on the bottom. xD

The vet is my area is Dr.Viz at the local animal hospital, but I've gotten mixed reviews about him. I've heard that he's not too good with smaller animals and sometimes won't even accept them because they have shorter life spans and whatnot. :/ But, I fear if pepper's condition gets any worse, he may be the last resort.

I think she may either have Pneumonia or a URI, I've heard that's common for rats. :( I just feel so awful because she's missing her old spark, and her breathing has become quite heavy and she's losing weight. It doesn't seem like she wants to eat what I give her. I've tried grapes, carrots, and other fresh fruits and veggies... But she just puts them on her bed and leaves them.
Any suggestions?

If you get medicine, don't mix it in yogurt/dairy. I was doing that all week and not getting good results. Just learned why. :wallbang:

Welcome =) I have a ratty with the same issue right now. It can be stressful, but it's recoverable. I hope you are having luck with Pepper. I love the picture you have of the pair.

Back