Wow, dilemma

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

It seems that Jordan wants to move to Europe. Obviously, I can't go until I am done school in October of 2008.

Am I able to being my pets with me?

He wants to move to London for his career. Apparently they are hiring architech's like crazy. This won't be fore about a year, but it's going to happen...

I can't go with him unless we're married, since I am not a professional, right?

What? You wouldn't get in as a girlfriend? That's crap!

I believe bunnies need to be put in a 6 months quarantine before allowed access to the UK. They hold them at a cost to you.

Wait wait, can't get in where? Are you in the same business?

And yes, the job market for architects in London is rather nuts. My high school friend only just graduated in that program from the University of Nottingham in May or something and she already has a job.

Britain have some very strict rules for animals, so double chek it, Europe have some rules but then Britain have some other rules, because it's an island they are protected and want to keep that protection (EU and everything, I gave up bringing animals TO Britain, but found it easy to bring animals out of there) - don't know the rules about bringing a girlfriend in to the contry, but whishing you luck.

:(

I had no idea it was difficult to move to a different country. Though now I say that it seems silly I didn't know.

Step by step. Don't let this overwhelm you. As futile as those words seem.

You CAN go unmarried, but you'd have to apply seperately. There is probably a certain amount of time you can spend there as a visitor, but you probably wont be able to work (legally)

I'd say at this point if you are seriously considering moving to Europe, you need to figure out what needs to be done to take your pets. I know going from the U.S. to Europe health certificates are needed not only for travelling on the airlines but there are specifics about vaccinations and stuff like that, each of which can be different stuff for each country. Used to work for a vet and we did international health certs here and there.

Also if you are seriously moving and do not/can't take your pets, why not consider rehoming them now and not getting any more pets until after the move when you are in a permanent place. That way they won't get attached and you won't have to go through the rehoming process again and again in the next year.

Not trying to be mean, just truthful and honest. Europe is a big move and expensive, even when pets are not involved.

That's one of the reasons why I was looking to rehome the girl rats and my bunnies. I made a bad move and got Titus. He's an awesome dog, and if I can't take him, I'm not going.

I don't know... I'm a mess. I make bad decisions, I'm irresponsible and have a huge impulse issue... some of the many reasons why I am seeing a counselor...

Back